• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bubble

You will never convince me that it makes sense that Clemson is a lock for a decent seed and Wake is out when Wake (1) finished ahead of Clemson in the ACC (at least on tiebreakers); (2) beat Clemson head-to-head; and (3) Clemson just lost three of four to non-tournament teams, including getting curbstomped by a bad BC team.

As best I can tell, we each have 4 wins against teams likely to make the tournament. How is their resume THAT much better than ours?
Clemson may not deserve to be in, but we completely collapsed after beating duke. The optics are horrible.

Clemson may not deserve to be in, but we completely collapsed after beating duke. The optics are horrible.
Their “optics” are even worse than ours. They’ve lost 3 of their last 4 heading into the NCAA tournament—all of those losses coming to non-tournament teams (if Wake is not a tournament team), and they’ll be coming fresh off of a 20+ point loss to a horrible BC team

Cincy jumps 9 spots in NET with a win over depleted KU to pass us and Clemson.

83bd618866a2c47ce9c19c38424ff6f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know is if we don't get in because Clemson is 35 in NET instead of 30, and Florida somewhere around there too, that's stupid.
Our alleged best advocate in the committee is a man named Bubba. Prepare for stupidity.

Pitt is 45 in the NET. Let’s beat them today and move them down to 51 just for shits and giggles.

All I know is if we don't get in because Clemson is 35 in NET instead of 30, and Florida somewhere around there too, that's stupid.
Win over Pitt today gives us a 2nd Q1. And also would boost our metrics.

Still a chance that UF or BC could be a Q1.

But today is an absolute must-win for the NCAAs imo. Then you take your chances in the ACC semis to make a big statement.

I was allowing myself to be sucked in to believing a win over Pitt just might do it. Now I’m back to thinking we’ll need a win Friday.

Indiana State at 27 in the NET is pressure testing the historical precedent there. Also taking away our argument for our metrics being too good, especially since they have the same number of Q1 wins.

Well yesterday didn’t go well for us aside from our game. What’s the rooting guide for today?

Back