• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #Buzzout #Wellmanout Billboard: Development Thread

So between me and LK, we have:

FireWellman.com
FireRonWellman.com
WellmanOut.com

My plan, as of right now, would be to point all of those domains to FireBz.com

One site keeps things consistent and makes it far easier to maintain, agreed?

I think my next step will be expanding on the #WellmanOut page of FireBz & getting it to the point that it could serve as its own landing page for the new domains.

Last edited:

FireWellman.com
FireRonWellman.com
WellmanOut.com

My plan, as of right now, would be to point all of those domains to FireBz.com (which has began to focus on Wellman).

One site keeps things consistent and makes it far easier to maintain, agreed? I think my next step will be expanding on the #WellmanOut page of FireBz & getting it to the point that it could serve as its own landing page for the new domains.

From a marketing/message standpoint, a simple forwarding address isn't optimum IMO. Each movement can stand on it's own, and keeping them separate makes the entire movement as a whole look bigger and more legitimate to everyone not on this message board. I think someone (whether it's you or someone else...preferably someone else, again because it makes things look bigger) should develop a Wellman specific site. The efforts should be linked in some way, but they should be separate IMO. And yes, I'm aware that I'm suggesting someone else do more work while being unwilling/unable to do it myself...just not at a point in life right now that I can do it, even though web design is in my wheelhouse.

FireWellman.com
FireRonWellman.com
WellmanOut.com

My plan, as of right now, would be to point all of those domains to FireBz.com

One site keeps things consistent and makes it far easier to maintain, agreed?

I think my next step will be expanding on the #WellmanOut page of FireBz & getting it to the point that it could serve as its own landing page for the new domains.

Good plan. I like FireWellman and WellmanOut. Do we need to decide which we want to establish as the "brand"? Or do we go with the same format as with Buzz, have a FireWellman website and a #WellmanOut for twitter?

From a marketing/message standpoint, a simple forwarding address isn't optimum IMO. Each movement can stand on it's own, and keeping them separate makes the entire movement as a whole look bigger and more legitimate to everyone not on this message board. I think someone (whether it's you or someone else...preferably someone else, again because it makes things look bigger) should develop a Wellman specific site. The efforts should be linked in some way, but they should be separate IMO. And yes, I'm aware that I'm suggesting someone else do more work while being unwilling/unable to do it myself...just not at a point in life right now that I can do it, even though web design is in my wheelhouse.

Good points and in a perfect (fully funded and staffed) world I's agree. But this is a grassroots effort and vt is our taproot. So whatever is easiest for him would be my recommendation.

Good plan. I like FireWellman and WellmanOut. Do we need to decide which we want to establish as the "brand"? Or do we go with the same format as with Buzz, have a FireWellman website and a #WellmanOut for twitter?

The brevity of "FireBz" has made a difference in the 140-character atmosphere of Twitter.

I think the pairing of #WellmanOut and FireBz.com is pretty darn effective for its purpose. I'm defaulting to the majority's opinion, though.

I would be inclined to contribute $50 or so once I have a better idea of what direction we're leaning towards. I firmly believe the focus should be Wellman at this point and I don't think the #BuzzOUT tag is as important at this point. There have been some good short & sweet suggestions for a WellmanOUT focused billboard.

Also, I think the electronic board might be the way to go as funding for 6 straight months or a spring / fall campaign might be feasible at that level of expense.

But if we're just going for big-bang shock value at this point for the next 4 weeks or what-not, I'm fine with a permanent billboard. But I really would prefer that we target the root cause, not just the symptom (our overmatched coach).

That's my $.02 and about all it's worth I suppose. Oh wait, it might be worth $50. :)

The brevity of "FireBz" has made a difference in the 140-character atmosphere of Twitter.

I think the pairing of #WellmanOut and FireBz.com is pretty darn effective for its purpose. I'm defaulting to the majority's opinion, though.

I submitted my contribution this AM...Since I am allowed to give my 2 cents worth. I feel emphasis and heat should be placed on Wellman since he is calling the shots and all roads lead to his orifice!

I gave some money. I demand the billboard just be an ode to my never-ending greatness. Like the Arc de Triomphe; only more lavish.

I gave some money. I demand the billboard just be an ode to my never-ending greatness. Like the Arc de Triomphe; only more lavish.

napoleon-ice-cream.jpg

i keep asking and maybe i miss the answer, but please tell me someone is working on a new video. i need a pick me up after the gut punch yesterday.

It's not necessarily billboard material, but remember the "Our Wake Your Funeral" shirts? What about something that says, "Ron's Wake Our Funeral?"

There's very likely to be an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal about the Buzzout movement.

It's not necessarily billboard material, but remember the "Our Wake Your Funeral" shirts? What about something that says, "Ron's Wake Our Funeral?"

That's good. Real good.

Back