• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bzedlik Barnyard

We need to take it easy on these kids. I ran into them on the way back to the car and my children were excited about the costumes. That brought up some conversation and some of them are seniors. This was far and away their best moment with Wake basketball. They are not content; but, they are there to support the kids on the court. I don't know that the [Redacted] Barnyard theme is still going...it was a pretty eclectic mix of characters. All passionate, which I have not seen for a long time.

They should have watched Ish's buzzer beater in the NCAA tourney their freshman year.

He probably would have made the trip if he knew his next "moment" was beating Miami @ home his senior year.

I just wish students wouldn't chant "overrated" and then rush the court. (Oh hell yeah! We're rushing the court...we just beat an overrated team!!!)

So self-defeating.

Agree..."far and away" may have not been the appropriate words. Man....that seems much longer ago than it really is.

Supporting the team =\= doing stupid stuff in stupid costumes designed to get yourself on TV. (Which is also what a lot of the Crazies have become). I guess beggars can't be choosers though - at least the kids are at the games at all.

barnyardl.jpg

That Winnie the Pooh dork is giving that UNC student that dressed up like a banana a run for his money.

This has AD written all over it. This is what they call astroturfing in the political sphere. :jfk:

College students enjoying themselves :noidea:

I'm glad some students are finally showing up and having fun but why must their name be inspired by the most unpopular coach in the history of Wake athletics? Something fishy going on with this "[Redacted]'s Barnyard"- I suspect the hand of one Ron Wellman (or more likely one of his minions) had a role in it. :tinfoilhat:

I'm glad some students are finally showing up and having fun but why must their name be inspired by the most unpopular coach in the history of Wake athletics? Something fishy going on with this "[Redacted]'s Barnyard"- I suspect the hand of one Ron Wellman (or more likely one of his minions) had a role in it. :tinfoilhat:

Tends to be what happens in college athletics. There were "Doherty's Disciples" t-shirts. :noidea:

The other side of the sign says McKie's Mammals and they kept flipping it around so its not exclusively [Redacted]'s barnyard. They are also all in the same frat together.

They should have stuck with Mckies mammals instead of Bzdeliks Barnyard. Why show support for this asshat. Just shows how out of touch with reality these kids are. How many of them really know what wake forest basketball USED to be??

Today, Joel rocked like it used to. Our best win since the '09 season. The kids knew that their players and friends won a great game today.

Back