• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Catholic Church is a Criminal Enterprise

Yeah, I think the host must be weird about it. I saved the pic and uploaded it to tinypic and changed your post. It should show up now.

What church isn't a criminal enterprise? I've always loved how the same right-wing dickheads who piss and moan about paying taxes for government services (or the lack of now that many have had their way) have NO problem with the great Tax Free status enjoyed by so many churches and religions in this country.

If we taxed churches on their land-holdings alone and then taxed legalized pot and cocaine, we'd never have to worry about a deficit again. That is until we got a little high and decided some brown people somewhere were getting a little too uppity and needed to have their guts sprayed all over the worthless, meaningless pile of sand they've called home for centuries longer than the U.S. was even a nice place for some English immigrants to stop and piss.

lol wut

You guys are going about this all wrong. Anybody properly familiar with the history of western civilization over the last 250 years knows that the first step in any sound anti-Catholic campaign is the banning of the Jesuits. So, mods! Have you banned all the Jesuits, or could they still be lurking around?

You guys are going about this all wrong. Anybody properly familiar with the history of western civilization over the last 250 years knows that the first step in any sound anti-Catholic campaign is the banning of the Jesuits. So, mods! Have you banned all the Jesuits, or could they still be lurking around?

I've banned at least 17 ;)

That would certainly be a blow to liberalism.

This use of the Catholic Church as a punching bag is a very tired way for people and internet posters to get attention. "Hey, look at me....I said something controversial about Catholics!!!!" Do they get everything right, no...are there bad seeds, yes. Just like any other denomination.

This use of the Catholic Church as a punching bag is a very tired way for people and internet posters to get attention. "Hey, look at me....I said something controversial about Catholics!!!!" Do they get everything right, no...are there bad seeds, yes. Just like any other denomination.

While I freely and openly bash any religion, the Catholic Church has institutionalized its covering-up of child abuse for decades. This isn't a parish here, a parish there- this was almost a dogmatic policy issued from straight out of the Vatican in which the hierarchy of the church explicitly directed a cover up and actively participated in not only attacking accusers but hiding pedophile priests in their system

When you paint a big target on your own back, don't be surprised when people take shots. And please spare us the pity party for the poor, unfairly treated Catholics. They voluntarily choose to align themselves with a church that's had a rather nasty pattern of nastiness for centuries. And yes, they have also done quite a lot of charity. One atta-boy doesn't undo a hundred aw-shits.

A nasty pattern of helping the poor, providing services to those who cannot afford, and being a force for those in need.

Blast waway for those who never gave alms and assistance to the meekest among us. Catholics will continue to help the least of our brothers, even when some of us fail and we are condemned in our efforts.

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.

When I was hungry, you gave me to eat;

When I was thirsty, you gave me to drink.

Now enter into the home of My Father.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.

When I was homeless, you opened your door;

When I was naked, you gave me your coat.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.

When I was weary, you helped me find rest.

When I was anxious, you calmed all my fears.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me."

To be blunt, wash the lepers of India, care for the AIDS orphans in sub-Sarahran Africa, feed the hungry in South America, shelther the victims of tsumanis is Asia and then, if you have the time, post your attacks.

The Catholic Church is not an ethnic group mfdeacs. Your analogy fails.

Talking shit about Jews and Muslims or any ethnicity is a different story than talking shit about the Catholic church. It's quite obvious by your last three posts that you've been brainwashed.

To be blunt, wash the lepers of India, care for the AIDS orphans in sub-Sarahran Africa, feed the hungry in South America, shelther the victims of tsumanis is Asia and then, if you have the time, post your attacks.

And Hilter made the trains run on time. But of course Catholics know that because of their great activism against the Nazis. And I'll leave alone the irony of Catholic charities treatings AIDS patients when early off so many were shunned by churches and because of the well-known (and well-ignored among most professed Catholics) Catholic position on birth control. Don't use condoms, let us care for your AIDS baby. Pure genius that.

Fact is, a MAJORITY of Catholics are and have done good and couldn't be farther from those that have committed crimes. I agree that the church should've acted quicker and more decisively on this. I understand why Catholics are attacked as the largest Christian religion, however it's the slander for shock value and then very little thought behind the reasoning.

To be fair, many groups acted slowly on the issue of AIDS based on misperceptions of how it was contracted, biases against who contracted it and where it was happening. The church certainly needs to modernize teachings to fit the times we live in including but not limited celibacy and birth control.

You are obviously intelligent, the Altar Boy comments are really beneath you don't you think? I never understand why Atheists inject such venom in their hatred concerning faith. Is it because they're threatened by those that believe? Who knows.

Jews are a religious and ethnic group. And what are you saying about Muslims, they're not a religious group? Not sure where you're going with that. Can someone who is brainwashed tell someone else they are brainwashed. Maybe they cancel each other out.

The Catholic Church is not an ethnic group mfdeacs. Your analogy fails.

Talking shit about Jews and Muslims or any ethnicity is a different story than talking shit about the Catholic church. It's quite obvious by your last three posts that you've been brainwashed.

I've seen the failings in the Church, which I have been disappointed and at time revolted by. But, I've also seen the enormous good the Church has done.

I was unaware that bigotry was only limited to ethnic groups. Even if it was, Muslims are Arab, Black, Asian and White, so you may want to not reference them as an ethnic group in the future.

I am proud to be "brainwashed" by the good of Christ and His followers in many faiths including the Orthodox Church and Protestants. The Lord's followers will continue their good works, and I am humbled to be among their lesser members.

Pax Christi.

Back