• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Charlotte Hornets are Coming Home.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/05/charlotte-hornets-may-not-bring-back-original-team-colors/
Brett Jensen
‏@Brett_Jensen
In letter to fans, Jordan says team colors might not be teal and purple, Hornets logo might change. That won't go over well.
Reply Retweet Favorite More
Jesus Christ. This seems like the easiest thing in the world. Bring back the logo, bring back the colors, bring back Hugo, the Honeybees, the "Hive" nickname. All that. The end. Watch the money roll in.

Jesus Christ. This seems like the easiest thing in the world. Bring back the logo, bring back the colors, bring back Hugo, the Honeybees, the "Hive" nickname. All that. The end. Watch the money roll in.

Jordan can't do anything right besides play basketball and sell basketball shoes.

Seriously, who's advising him on this?

"Yeah, uhh, Mike. Good call on the Hornets thing. But let's not go crazy. Make the Hornet logo look real...like in a science book. People'll love it. And ditch the teal and purple. Let's keep that Carolina blue, slate blue, orange, black and silver color scheme we vomited up that night after drinks. Everybody seems to love that. Matter of fact, just keep Rufus too. No fucks are given about Hugo. Let's do this!"

Do they not realize how much that style is loved by people? They would sell so many snapbacks if they went back to the 90s design. Just look at Mitchell & Ness's success with selling Hornets gear. Beyond stupid if that tweet turns out to be true.

Brett Jensen is a hack. If Jordan's letter to fans is the one I got, I read it completely different. The actual text from the letter is:

"We anticipate that the NBA's Board of Governors will vote on our application at its next meeting on July 18. Their approval would launch a year-long process that would include the selection of the team's colors, the designing of the team's logo, uniforms and playing court, and a number of alterations at Time Warner Cable Arena."

To me that just says that selecting the colors is part of a larger overall process, not that "the colors might not be teal and purple". Currently the colors are orange and blue, so, yes, they need to select new ones. I wouldn't expect the logo to be exactly the same as it was previously, but I imagine it will be pretty close with a slightly modern feel.

Bring back the exact same jerseys (sublimated stripes and everything). Don't mess with a masterpiece.

first nba jersey to have pinstripes. i have this exact throwback. i wear it on formal occasions.

i think the purple alternate needs to be more prevalent too.

Looks very Old Gold and Black to me... brink on the color change and the new logo:

Hornet.jpg

All the promo stuff has been teal (though not as teal as it was) and purple. There will be some modern feels to it, but I feel pretty confident they aren't going to screw up something this easy.

I'm so fucking excited to see the court. So many great memories growing up going to hornets games.

Man, I grew up in NC in an exciting time. I was 4 when the Hornets arrived, 11 when the Panthers started, and 13 when the Hurricanes got here.

Back