• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Coen brothers' best film

Pick one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Country is pretty overrated. No less because it robbed There Will Be Blood of its rightful Best Picture.

I like NCFOM too, but if you read the book then the Coens have taken the story almost word for word and translated it to the screen. I just don't see it as a true Coen Bros. film, and therefore I don't think it deserves to be up there with some of the more original work they've done.

I never read NCFOM but I heard the Coen bros want to make Blood Meridian (also by McCarthy). Holy shit if that wasn't the darkest most brutal book I have ever read. Not sure how it would play on the screen though, the pace and plot are nothing like NCFOM, the film.

I never read NCFOM but I heard the Coen bros want to make Blood Meridian (also by McCarthy). Holy shit if that wasn't the darkest most brutal book I have ever read. Not sure how it would play on the screen though, the pace and plot are nothing like NCFOM, the film.

Wish they had made The Road too instead of the Viggo Mortenson version, though it wasn't terrible.

i can't even comprehend blood meridian as a movie

I think NCFOM is properly rated. It was great. I just didn't like that scene where the dude wakes up to the Mexican guitarists. Every Coen bros movie has scenes like that, but this movie could have done without it.

It's really hard to rank them because the movies are consistently very good. Big Lebowski and Raising Arizona are probably my favorite Coen comedies. NCFOM and Millers Crossing are my two favorite more serious ones. I didn't really "get" Barton Fink or A Serious Man.

Back