• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Democratic Party Left Me Behind

I am not interested in these hypotheticals. I am asking whether it is fair to think more critically about Democrats' role in imperialism and the expansion of the military industrial complex.

It's not a hypothetical. They were given totally BS data and voted on it.

If you can search the other site, you will see that from the day any action towards Iraq was mentioned. I loudly and vehemently opposed it.

Gay rights/marriage seems like a great example of incremental successes at the state level leading to a national-level victory.

It's not a hypothetical. They were given totally BS data and voted on it.

If you can search the other site, you will see that from the day any action towards Iraq was mentioned. I loudly and vehemently opposed it.

The Iraq War is just a tiny part of this conversation. The Dems have supported the expansion of US military funding and authority to wage war across the board.

It’s almost like some posters don’t understand how we got to this point...

The Iraq War is just a tiny part of this conversation. The Dems have supported the expansion of US military funding and authority to wage war across the board.

MHB keeps bringing it up.

We are in an era of a changing military. We will need fewer bodies but more technology based options.

Gay rights/marriage seems like a great example of incremental successes at the state level leading to a national-level victory.
Same sex marriage is just another right won by activists through court rulings, a right which liberal voters take credit for, for some reason. Without the lower court rulings and supreme court decision, same sex marriage wouldnt exist in 20+ states. All of those court rulings required a few brave same sex couples to spend years of their lives tied up in court, facing public scorn, with lawyers paid for by private advocacy groups like the ACLU. #wedidntbuildthat

Same sex marriage is just another right won by activists through court rulings, a right which liberal voters take credit for, for some reason. Without the lower court rulings and supreme court decision, same sex marriage wouldnt exist in 20+ states. All of those court rulings required a few brave same sex couples to spend years of their lives tied up in court, facing public scorn, with lawyers paid for by private advocacy groups like the ACLU. #wedidntbuildthat

They take credit for it, because without years of liberals standing up, marching and voting for marriage equality and other gay rights, it wouldn't exist today.

They take credit for it, because without years of liberals standing up, marching and voting for marriage equality and other gay rights, it wouldn't exist today.
Have you already forgotten about Prop 8? Were it not for the Supreme Court, California would be on the same side of history as North Carolina or Alabama.

but ALL THE OTHER STUFF that has changed in the past 20 years
Banking deregulation, loss of workplace protections, death of labor organizing, gerrymandering, massive cuts to welfare programs, stagnant minimum wage, plague of black imprisonment, massive wealth and income disparity, the war on drugs, private prisons, near total monopolization of tech and wireless economy, worldwide recession due to unregulated toxic investment trading, complete destabilization of south american and middle eastern political and economic structure.

Our tvs are bigger and theres lots of craft beers to choose from. White women have fat asses now.

Banking deregulation, loss of workplace protections, death of labor organizing, gerrymandering, massive cuts to welfare programs, stagnant minimum wage, plague of black imprisonment, massive wealth and income disparity, the war on drugs, private prisons, near total monopolization of tech and wireless economy, worldwide recession due to unregulated toxic investment trading, complete destabilization of south american and middle eastern political and economic structure.

spoken like a Conservative pining for the good old days that never existed

The song Malibu, by Miley Cyrus is good. Swervin' by Fat Tony, also good. There are lots of good things I like about America. American politics and human rights conditions are just shit though, wall to wall.

Back