• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Economist on Healthcare

Mature and rational as ever, I see...

not worth it....carry on ole rambling one

You're the one who started the personal insults. It wasn't me.

You said this to me:

"Your premise is downright insulting. But it's clear you have no idea what it's like to be a professional."

If you want to insult me, don't cry when you get treated in the same fashion.

Until you made it personal, we were disagreeing without being disagreeable.

You took it to the next level.

are you going to clarify your statement or did I read it correctly?

In no way shape or form was I insulting you personally. Because you disageee with me, you tell me I don't what it's like to be a professional.

What utter, intentionally personally insulting crap it is for you to say that. Then you insult me again for nisulting you after you insulted me.

So you can insult an entire profession and call us unethical and I'm supposed to be OK with that?

Anyway we will agree to disagree. cheers

So you can insult an entire profession and call us unethical and I'm supposed to be OK with that?

Anyway we will agree to disagree. cheers

I DIDN'T insult an entire profession nor did I intend to do so.

As agreeing to disagree, that still leaves your ridiculous and intentional to me personally out there.

But that's OK, you are allowed to act like that and not apologize.

We had multiple posts where we disagreed without me acting like towards you.

What's also ironic here is you said:

" It can be nice to offer only from convenience standpoint to the patient."

Which is a waste of money. It's a professional's job not let themselves be told by a layman what to do.

AND you said there were a small amount of sleazy doctors. I didn't say anything like that.

You're the one who directly insulted doctors twice in your own post.

I DIDN'T insult an entire profession nor did I intend to do so.

As agreeing to disagree, that still leaves your ridiculous and intentional to me personally out there.

But that's OK, you are allowed to act like that and not apologize.

We had multiple posts where we disagreed without me acting like towards you.

AN-OCEAN-FULL-OF-SAND-AND-IT-ALL-ENDS-UP-IN-MY-VAGINA.jpg

rj, you're overreacting. I assume BacktoBack is a physician. A reasonable person would conclude from your remarks that you believe MD's order extra tests to pad profits for themselves or their employer. Most physicians I know would consider that an insult to their profession. Like BacktoBack said, that padding rarely happens unless the physician has their own equipment and testing services. The preponderance of unneeded testing is done out of fear of lawsuits. That fear is driven by plantiffs bar, not malpractice insurance providers. Once burned in a lawsuit, malpractice companies would be derelict if they didn't inform their insureds of the now proven risk of not providing the extra tests.

Don't get so wrapped up in B2B's use of "professional". He probably should have inserted "medical" before it to clarify what he meant. An example - my wife is a LPN. RN's are considered professionals, while LPN's are technicians. I'm a licensed administrator - while most of the world would consider me a professional, the medical world would generally call me a layman. There is no insult intended or felt if a doctor were to call me a layman.

Last edited:
nice try....but he knew what he was saying or he would have "clarified" it the multiple times I brought it up.

He thinks he's better than me and that being a doctor or working in the field is better than being a "professional" in any other field.

He should thank you for your efforts. He should thank you for giving him so many outs that he wasn't interested in earlier.

BEFORE I said that his clear intent was to make it personal.

After I said that I gave him two opportunities to say something. I specifically said he was wrong in the way he he read it.

But as for you, blessed be the peacemakers.

I said i was wrong about my post about Weiner (there's no way to make that sound reasonable) on multiple threads.

Why can't he say he was wrong to insult me without me saying anything personal to him?

BEFORE I said that his clear intent was to make it personal.

After I said that I gave him two opportunities to say something. I specifically said he was wrong in the way he he read it.

But as for you, blessed be the peacemakers.

I said i was wrong about my post about Weiner (there's no way to make that sound reasonable) on multiple threads.

Why can't he say he was wrong to insult me without me saying anything personal to him?

Probably because he feels you insulted his profession and then played the victim card when he called you on it. Your comments sounded like an slight to MD's to me and as an administrator and then corporate president I didn't particularly enjoy dealing with their shit. I've already explained my thoughts on his retort. I can see where you both took objection to comments that weren't intended as direct insults (at least before the FU escalation).

I'm not intentionally take an opposite position from you. I was out for dinner when most of this took place and am simply giving you my interpretation of the written words. It's a bit easier to do when you aren't one of the combatants...agreed?

Last edited:
I thought rj was questioning the integrity of doctors.

There is nothing I said that was anywhere near a direct personal insult. sorry you're just wrong.

He was intentionally condescending and insulting. There's no gray area in comment to me.

When you act that way, you have no place to complain if it is escalated towards you. As you took it upon yourself start it.

Before intentionally doingf what he di, he could have EASILY asked, "do you think doctors are this or that?"

Or he coudl have said,"I think you're insulting doctors. Why are you doign that?"

But he chose to insult me. It wasn't an accident and he won't even discuss it.

71, it's not between you and me. Let him say something.

LK, you took milhouse's side on the Nazi cartoon. Why am I not surprised at your statement?

Last edited:
Rj, you've ruined a pretty good thread. Congratulations.

You're right. I should just accept anyone calling me second class and not professional without saying anything.

Let's get back to the game and forget about this,

Does it swirl clockwise or counter-clockwise in the asylum?

The one thing we do know is the current system of private insurance only isn't efficient and is leading to te US paying double what most industrialized countries do.

Back