• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Eisenhower Pine at ANGC is gone

Liquid Karma

Eat a dick, hackers!
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw this on GolfClubAtlas today. Looks like Winter Storm PAX destroyed the iconic Eisenhower Pine at Augusta National.

Wonder if they will replace it with a mature pine, or if they will just leave that spot empty.

IMG_4156.png~original

Ike may have had a problem with it but the pros never gave it a thought. On top of that, they'll probably transplant a hundred year old tree next week to replace it. That's how they roll down there.

Ike may have had a problem with it but the pros never gave it a thought. On top of that, they'll probably transplant a hundred year old tree next week to replace it. That's how they roll down there.

Next week? I'm sure the new one is already up.

Terrible news.
Just played there a few weeks ago and the course was in great shape.....as it always is
Not sure if it's possible to transplant a similar replacement, but if it is possible Augusta National could do it

Terrible news.
Just played there a few weeks ago and the course was in great shape.....as it always is
Not sure if it's possible to transplant a similar replacement, but if it is possible Augusta National could do it

This is how you humble brag.

That's the equivalent of posting "I banged Kate Upton a few weeks ago and her breasts are still fantastic."

What do the guys who play a fade do?

Hey Auburn fans,

This was a historic tree that should be grieved, not some crappy tree that gets covered in TP.

Eisenhower Tree > Toomer's trees, all day ere day

AGNC probably has an exact replica waiting in the wings.

LK and other golfing bros,

What do you think Augusta should do? I think that since the tree has been recently not much of a factor on that hole, maybe plant a tree 20 yards closer to the green and bring back the real hazard?

Could make things interesting.

Hey Auburn fans,

This was a historic tree that should be grieved, not some crappy tree that gets covered in TP.

Eisenhower Tree > Toomer's trees, all day ere day

This seems a strange post revelatory of deep butthurt in your soul.

This seems a strange post revelatory of deep butthurt in your soul.

Auburn fans used to be some of the coolest in the SEC. Post Cam they are just as insufferable as Bama/Florida/Georgia fans.

The crying and lamenting we had to endure about Toomer's was just vomit inducing. Yeah it was sad and not right what happened, but let it be a two day story not some dragged out soap opera like it was handled in the media and AL/GA.

Auburn fans used to be some of the coolest in the SEC. Post Cam they are just as insufferable as Bama/Florida/Georgia fans.

The crying and lamenting we had to endure about Toomer's was just vomit inducing. Yeah it was sad and not right what happened, but let it be a two day story not some dragged out soap opera like it was handled in the media and AL/GA.

You mean after they won a championship, they got more arrogant? Seems like a predictable path.

Not to derail the thread, because I really don't like any of the ESSS EEEEE SEEEEE teams, but I would think that if a Florida fan poisoned Ugga, UGA fans would lament in a similar fashion.

Tiger's knee would like to disagree

Terrible news.

Pebble Beach replaced the iconic Monterrey pine next to 18 green a few years ago. If they can do it, I'm confident ANGC can do it.

Back