• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Eisenhower Pine at ANGC is gone

You mean after they won a championship, they got more arrogant? Seems like a predictable path.

Not to derail the thread, because I really don't like any of the ESSS EEEEE SEEEEE teams, but I would think that if a Florida fan poisoned Ugga, UGA fans would lament in a similar fashion.

I think most people would agree a dog is more important than a tree but I see your point. I'd also argue that those trees were a 30 year tradition whereas the dog tradition and the Eisenhower tree are well over 6 decades old.

a fucking thread about a tree has made it to page 2?

04_T_01.jpg

What do the guys who play a fade do?

Hit it right the fuck over the tree. Today's technology made the tree basically obsolete. Pretty sure it only comes into play when a player lays back with a fairway metal or long iron. It's all those other trees along the left side they planted to "Tiger proof" the hole that makes players avoid left like the plague.

Steve Elkington tweeted losing the tree probably makes the hole play 1/2 stroke easier.

I was sad when I read about this today. Breakfast at Waffle House will never be the same.

I remember a storm we had at the tourney two years ago that took out numerous trees as well as bathroom. Trees were gone and new bathroom built by start of next round. I've seen a lot in the 9 years I've worked there.

Back