• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Facts About Tanner Price

Reaction score
Has he progressed as we expected him to over 4 years? No.
Has he had a great coaching staff/OL/running game to help him? No.
Have Chris Givens and Camp bailed him out at times? Yes.
Is he an option QB? No.
Is he the most accurate QB? No.
Did he have huge shoes to fill in Skinner's? Yes.

All this taken into consideration, he is 3rd in school history in career passing yards and attempts, 2nd in TD passes, 2nd in total offense (after today), 5th in completion percentage, 3rd in wins, and had one of the Top 3 statistical passing seasons in school history in 2011. He has a chance to move up in some of these categories.

He is at least a Top 3 QB in school history and probably #2.

Accept him for what he is, not what he is not.

Venuto was better, Price 4 year starter - of course his totals will be higher.

are you talking to us fans or the offensive coordinator?

Guess you have never heard of Norm Snead.

Venuto's completion%, QBR and yards/attempt in 1980 were all worse than Tanner's in 2011. Same goes for career totals.

Agreed. It's better than hailing him when he's good and shitting on him when he's not, all while conveniently ignoring our staff's role (or lack thereof) on both sides of the coin.

Venuto was Offensive player of the year, also as a Qb I think he had a pretty good winning percentage. Really only played 2 years/Much better than Tanner in my opinion.

Good job by Price today. But Jimmy Kemp, Rusty Larue, and Brian Kuklick would have performed significantly better with the teams Price has played on than he did.

Good job by Price today. But Jimmy Kemp, Rusty Larue, and Brian Kuklick would have performed significantly better with the teams Price has played on than he did.

Assuming they weren't made to run the option.

(I never saw Kemp play.)

I'm not comparing eras from the fricking WWII days. I bet you think Otto Graham is better than Joe Montana?

He is at least a Top 3 QB in school history and probably #2.

Then don't say in history, as in encompassing all of WFU's football history. Say recent years, or something vague like that.

Don't be upset with somebody calling you out for not knowing, or forgetting, your WFU football history. Be upset with yourself for not knowing/forgetting it.

He's a good player who has been grossly misused, especially this year.

I was too high on him early in his career, but he has a nice skill set, bolstered by two of the best WR's in Wake history.

Mcpherson was a lot like Keith West- a gamer, but not a guy blessed with a ton of skills.

We've had some good QB's. Venuto, Schofield (played on really bad teams), Foy White, Mike Elkins, Macpherson, and Skinner. I think all those guys were good in their own right.

I have been hard on Tanner and harder on the offensive coordinator for mishandling him.

But today the scheme was almost perfectly suited to Tanner's talent and Tanner played exceptionally well.

It was a good day! I really did not think this kind of game would happen this season. Commendations are in order all around...except to the kicking game. But that is for another time.

Back