• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #FireWellman Billboard: CBSSports, CNNSI, ESPN, Sporting News, SBN, WSJ, Yahoo

He asks for patience when many of us have been patient (at least we waited until after [Redacted]'s third season to start the ads) for long enough.

Other fan bases would have reacted more quickly and harshly than we have were they in the same situation, but most don't have to because most Athletic Directors don't have their heads up their asses.

These two things can't be repeated enough. If anything, Wake Forest fans have shown EXTREME amounts of patience.

Last edited:
The billboard might not have been my first choice, but it serves a purpose and I agree with it. Anyone embarassment it causes Wake amounts to 1/1,000,000 of the embarassment caused by the AD. This is about much more than basketball; we want Wake to succeed in all aspects. If the history department failed, I would be upset. Likewise, if we choose to field a basketball team (glad we do), it should succeed as it has in many years past, and at least the AD should do everything in its power to enable success. The AD has failed miserably and stuck his nose in the face of most alumni. That is unacceptable.

Sporting News

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...ns-fans?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

By making and persisting with this failed hire, Wake Forest has elected to unilaterally disarm, apparently in the name of vanity. Third parties in the developing world have more say in their governance than the Wake Forest fan base does in the operations of its athletic department. The minute Bristol rolled the Brinks truck into town and the ACC structured its finances in a way that says "We don't care if you win, you're still getting paid", then Wake management pushed the DND button on all incoming calls from their now irrelevant fanbase.

I am a Wake Forest alumnus (class of 2004) and I donated to both the billboard and the newspaper ads. I know that every alumnus I know supports the billboard and ads. If some alumni, including former athletes, have a problem with our actions, I can't say that I really give a shit. If you have a problem with it, take out your own damned ads and buy your own billboard. This has escalated because of Wellman's actions and indifference to the fans. He has taken us for granted. He asks for patience when many of us have been patient (at least we waited until after [Redacted]'s third season to start the ads) for long enough. The [Redacted] experiment is not working. Wellman should admit it.

Looking back at the history of Wake Forest basketball, a 13 win season is atrocious, not improvement. Hell, I remember when a 20 win season was a disappointment. Are you mad that some of us feel winning two more games is still shitty and not good enough?

As to culture, I think we should run a clean program but I question whether we need to be the shining beacon of what a college basketball program should be. We're not unique and we are not special.

Other fan bases would have reacted more quickly and harshly than we have were they in the same situation, but most don't have to because most Athletic Directors don't have their heads up their asses.

You had me except for the bolded. We are special and I hope we always remain special. We may not need to be the shining example of what is right in college sports, but we should remain a shining example. There is no reason we cannot do that while being successful.

ttp://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/wake-forest-fans-erect-billboard-demanding-firing-coach-042842808.html

I think the State of North Carolina just tweeted the CBS link. They have 92k followers.

I'm smiling to myself imagining Wake's panicky, misguided emergency closed door strategy session. Who is in attendance? Wellman, buzz, chill....?

I asked if anyone else wanted to do the interview or help. No one volunteered so I had to do it myself.

Is this is tacit proof that #BuzzOut/#WellmanOut is a fringe movement? Hell, you could just be some kind of State troll trying to make us look bad in the eyes of the coaching fraternity.

Back