• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The #FireWellman Billboard: CBSSports, CNNSI, ESPN, Sporting News, SBN, WSJ, Yahoo

RSF doesn't get much chance to post during the day, that doesn't mean that nothing is happening. Yesterday and today were the first dry days all week.

Yeah, weird that that indoor printer couldn't work while it was raining outside.

Doesn't the nylon (it's nylon, right) image have to be applied to the billboard with paste?

Probably.

Why didn't they have the sign printed out on Monday (while it was raining) and then ready to go up on the first sunny day (i.e., yesterday)? And since they are taking so long to get the sign up, is RSF going to get some refund?

Guys, chill out... the billboard company doesn't work on Friday's. Relax.
Damn, forgot about this. Plus just heard from RSF that management is worried about a union strike, but he's working on calling in the Pinkertons. Fingers crossed.

Probably.

Why didn't they have the sign printed out on Monday (while it was raining) and then ready to go up on the first sunny day (i.e., yesterday)? And since they are taking so long to get the sign up, is RSF going to get some refund?

I have no idea why it wasn't printed earlier, but I know that ever since the design was finalized that RSF has worked to get the billboard up as fast as possible

At least we know that either, RSF is an amazing con artist, or that significant opportunities exist to break into the lucrative billboard market in Winston.

I saw it! Dadgummit saw the damn thing but as I stuck my head and shoulders out the window to take a Polaroid I hit a pothole and drooped the damn camera. Can someone (maybe one of them strap-on brothers) get out there on old I-40 and snap a real pic so we can post it up in here?

Billboard company definitely doesn't work on the weekends. Looks like Monday is the day!

This has been portrayed as a billboard with prime location. If there is a delay in this billboard going up, does that mean someone else is getting some free extra time? How does this work? You would think the billboard would not just be blank for all this time. Did this delay just push back the contract for displaying the Bz/WellmanOut billboard? If there is weather at the end of this contract, does RSF get free extra days until they can take it down? I assume he would not have to pay more for those days.
This seems like a very haphazard and unprofessional way to run a business where you are predominately working with real business people marketing their product. At the very least, it would be many days of lost revenue when new contracts are delayed. More likely, many businesses would not tolerate this lack of service/priority.
Not accusing RSF of wrongdoing, this just does not seem to make sense. I don't understand how a billboard company could do business like this.

Its a billboard company in bumblefuck North Carolina. How well ran did you expect this business to be?

I actually wouldnt put it past Ron to be somehow fucking this thing up as soon as it was "officially" announced last week. I mean, the guy did make several million dollars a few years ago... He's probably threatening the company or paying them more to keep it from being printed.

Let's get with it. This is holding up a commitment from a 4 star big man.

Its a billboard company in bumblefuck North Carolina. How well ran did you expect this business to be?

There are actually several very large and successful businesses that originated or are/were headquartered in bumblefuck. I don't see why it would not be better ran.

It's officially unofficial. Hide your camera phone. Hide your blog. Hide your tweets. My sources confirm that this alleged billboard will not see the light of day. Mark it down. Ron and his team are not going to be embarrassed over $5,000. Not in Winston-Salem. Not by a Red Sox fan.

The good news? Far grander plans are in the works. Hide your LOWF plans while the big boys make plays.

If the billboard company is Fairway there is no way this would happen unless Wellman really was working on them.

Back