• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Game Thread is Confusing

I only caught the 1st 10:00 and then was busy the rest of the day. How did we look the rest of the way? Williams and Thomas were looking good early.

After Coron was on fire in the 1st half, he came out in the 2nd half, threw a nice entry pass to Devin, his man doubled, and Devin gave it back to him for an uncontested 3 pointer. That 2 man game worked all night, leading to 5 assists on top of Devin's nice scoring and rebounding numbers. Codi chipped in 6 assists to 1 turnover (Coron with zero turns and one missed shot by comparison) and Moto went 4-4. Everyone else either struggled or didn't do much minus Overton who knocked down two clutch 3's just after Notre Dame missed a wide open look at a 3 that would have cut it to a 2 point lead in the 2nd half.

Combination terrible strategy and effort from Notre Dame (we beat them 33-23 on the boards) - they looked outmatched physically against Devin and had no answer for Coron. Connaughton scoring within 3 of his season high kept it closer than it felt throughout.

I expect a physical Pitt team to put the hurt on us in the 2nd half tomorrow.

Amen. I really don't understand why people don't embrace Devin. The dude hustles every game and hates to lose. The exact opposite attitude of the program the past few years. Sure don't trash teammates. Other than that I love it.

I really think we need to give all of the players a pass for anything that has happened the last 2 years. Devin does commit a fair number of frustration fouls and has taken himself out of a few games doing that, and yes, he's emotional. But you get a coach who can channel his emotions properly, and I bet you're going to love the Devin you see the next couple of years.

I really think we need to give all of the players a pass for anything that has happened the last 2 years. Devin does commit a fair number of frustration fouls and has taken himself out of a few games doing that, and yes, he's emotional. But you get a coach who can channel his emotions properly, and I bet you're going to love the Devin you see the next couple of years.

I agree, it's pretty easy to find negatives with every player. Sure Devin goes above and beyond the emotional call of duty sometimes, but I love it's a strength. It just needs to be channeled.

Well you can tell the difference in a senior with 4 years under Buzz vs a senior with 1 year and his first ACCT appearance.

I imagine, like me, Travis is ready to euthanize this season and, unlike me, go make some money playing ball overseas.

Ask and you shall receive! From the game thread, from yours truly.

30 and 20? Against Pitt? I thought you were the smart twin, Numbers

Don't think he can do 30 and 20 but I would take a repeat of his 17 points on 8-11 shooting with 9 rebounds he got at Pitt, playing limited minutes because of foul trouble.

Back