• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Golf "controversy"

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
WGAF?

The Dems sounded like asshats back in 01-08 when talking about he "Western White House."

Same thing for R's critiquing Obama for golfing all the time.

Non issue, let it go.

There's a huge difference taking a normal summer vacation or playing golf once a month versus taking more vacations than any POTUS in over a century. It's a ludicrous comparison.

EDIT- Let's check the numbers:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ok-more-vacation-george-w-bush-or-barack-oba/

"On Aug. 8, 2014, Knoller tweeted that Obama had taken 19 vacations totaling 125 days so far while in office. Those numbers have risen a bit due to the Martha’s Vineyard vacation, but that’s still many fewer than George W. Bush’s 65 combined trips to his Texas ranch and his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, which totaled 407 days at the same point in his presidency.

Not included in this data are trips to the Camp David presidential retreat in western Maryland, which Knoller doesn’t count as "vacation." Knoller told Yahoo! News that, through Aug. 12, 2014, Obama had made 33 visits to Camp David for all or part of 84 days, while Bush had been there 108 times for all or part of 341 days."

So W only took 300% more vacation days than Obama.

GO, stop listening to your RW talking head masters and deal with the truth.

Last edited:
Are you saying that Bush (or any president) can not conduct the business of President while in Texas or Maine?

I said no such thing....but as usual Junebug can't help himself. Poor baby, his butt hurts. Then he makes things up.

So answer the question, can a President conduct his business in Maine or Texas?

Every POTUS should take about 4 weeks of "vacation" each to gear down a little. Taking 25% of presidency a vacations/Camp David is grossly extreme. It's purely partisan not to acknowledge this.

Every POTUS should take about 4 weeks of "vacation" each to gear down a little. Taking 25% of presidency a vacations/Camp David is grossly extreme. It's purely partisan not to acknowledge this.

No POTUS ever really takes vacation. It's pretty much impossible, and the whole argument is pretty silly.

Of course he can. Just like he can from the golf course.

Of course a POTUS can, but there are things he has to prioritize as he can't take all the people whom he relies on with him on vacation.

As I said before, every POTUS should take vacations. They can't possibly be as effective as they need to be without them. It's the volume of W that was excessive.

No POTUS ever really takes vacation. It's pretty much impossible, and the whole argument is pretty silly.

But they do gear down when away from the WH. They have a bit more family and personal time. You really can't dispute this.

The family and personal time is extremely important.

Of course a POTUS can, but there are things he has to prioritize as he can't take all the people whom he relies on with him on vacation.

As I said before, every POTUS should take vacations. They can't possibly be as effective as they need to be without them. It's the volume of W that was excessive.

Since when does someone in the 21st century need people in their physical presence to conduct business? It POTUS needed someone, they could be there pretty damn fast.

But they do gear down when away from the WH. They have a bit more family and personal time. You really can't dispute this.

The family and personal time is extremely important.

Of course I can dispute that. I bet every FLOTUS ever would agree. It's just not a job you can gear down from.

Either this is a non-issue or it's an issue....or you are a blind partisan.

Is this going to be a thread where everybody disagrees with the same person?

If so, why not just shut it down?

Of course I can dispute that. I bet every FLOTUS ever would agree. It's just not a job you can gear down from.

I would absolutely take the bet that POTUS say they use vacations to gear down some. Gearing down for them is a lot different than you or I gearing down. For them it could mean have an extra 2-3 hours per day with the family or being slightly less stressed.

I would also believe merely being in the WH is more stressful than being at a ranch or at a beach.

Cheney was really President anyway.

Back