• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Golf "controversy"

I would absolutely take the bet that POTUS say they use vacations to gear down some. Gearing down for them is a lot different than you or I gearing down. For them it could mean have an extra 2-3 hours per day with the family or being slightly less stressed.

I would also believe merely being in the WH is more stressful than being at a ranch or at a beach.

Your second point is completely different. When a POTUS is needed for something, I don't care if they are jerking it on the can, the will be "present". If they aren't needed, they will be given space. Other than optics and probably safety, there is absolutely zero reason POTUS needs to be tethered to the WH. This is really silly.

If it wasn't golf in his spare time, it would be something else and the lunatic fringe would bitch about that instead.

OMG, I'm busting. So much win in just 2 pages. ALL The POS REP.

Eisenhower played a ton of golf during a very dangerous period of the Cold War, with far less sophisticated communications at his disposal. Ike is now considered one of our best Presidents. Let Obama play his golf. I used to think it looked bad, but now I think it's his way of showing Putin and others that they don't control him. And he has the most stressful job on the planet. I'm a Republican and I never voted for Obama, but this is a dumb controversy. He can make informed decisions on airstrikes from the tenth tee with all the technology at hand. I'm fine with that.

obama-isis-golf-cartoon.jpg

I get it...looks like Taylormade

I like that they even made it a lefty club.

I have a much bigger problem with time spent on fundraising than I do with time spent on vacations.

I have a much bigger problem with time spent on fundraising than I do with time spent on vacations.

So you have a problem with politics, capitalism, or both?

Ah jesus, who gives a fuck? I wouldn't want to be anywhere near those asshats in DC if I were President. I'd spend about 300 days away from the WH and only come back for shit you have to be there for. I don't care if it's Bush or Obama. FWIW, Obama kind of has to be there more often than I'm sure he'd prefer since he has a couple of school age daughters. Dubya didn't have that, so he was free to jerk off in Crawford all he wanted.

Again, this is a thread where all but one person agrees that vacations are a non issue and even that person admits it is a non issue when a Democrat is in office.

Back