• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The great responsibility of the American electorate

Why does any one country need to be responsible for the entire world? Isn't that the question that should be asked?

Man, whatever happened to American Exceptionalism ?

Why does any one country need to be responsible for the entire world? Isn't that the question that should be asked?

That is the right question. But we know much of the answer.

I wrote in a vote for Deez Nuts for president, and I believe that makes me more responsible than any American who voted for either Clinton or Trump. Anyone trying to hold up our current electoral process as a model for anything is a damn fool.

Beginning of the end today, I fear. A HRC win pretty much ensures further marginalization of the right, as well as those disenfranchised millions who left the Dems in the 80s/90s, voted Perot in the 90s, and voted for Trump. More anger as a result of blanket dismissals of her opponents as racist, sexist, xenophobic. More unfettered immigration to use "democracy" as a tool for one party rule. A HRC win also emboldens the establishment politicians, who once again would fail to address the enormous groundswell against them. The press has absolutely zero credibility now and isn't trusted by anybody. Abandoning any pretense of impartiality means more people will draw their news from ridiculous sources and are more poorly informed as a result. The abundance of information has made us all dumber.

I chalked it up as nonsense as recently as 4 years ago, but no longer do. States will revolt if there is another 4 years of the same shit. You will see more lawsuits challenging government authority, more legal slapdowns from the courts, and eventually states are gonna say fuck it and fuck you, we're done and it's the 21st century so you aren't going to send in troops to stop us. Buh bye. Dismiss such notions at your peril. We may not relate to this groundswell in our nice little suburban homes, but it's there. Regardless of who wins, the states need to convene a constitutional convention and agree on some new things outside of, apart from, and unencumbered by the weenies in Washington or else it's going to unravel. It is their responsibility to do so before opting out. They were given this option for precisely this reason.

Does a Trump win stop all that? It puts his side to bed for a nap, but it also just reverses that groundswell and causes more people in blue states to say fuck it, just not to the extent that you're seeing now. In the end, there is too much anger everywhere, too much vitriol. In spite of HRC and Obama implying it, hate isn't the preferred parlance of the right. It is abundant on the left as well. Politicians know it's a great motivator to get people to the polls. In the end, it will be the undoing for all of them when they no longer have a country to rule.

What is the preferred parlance on the right?

lol marginalization of the right? you mean "loss of majority status", right?

You can be exceptional and lead by example rather than leading by force.

Isn't part of the AE the idea that we are the leader and example for democracy? Not to mention some sort of god given superiority over other nations.

If everyone who needs one has a job that pays enough to get by, isn't everyone happy? Why all the angst? Isn't this just a result of a techno-automated society?

Shill article.

This article is trying to tell me that a woman who LITERALLY ordered the deaths of afgans via drone strike is "humanitarian."

Should tell you everything you need to know. People would rather a person who's literally bombing them be president than "I know more than the generals" Trump.

lol marginalization of the right? you mean "loss of majority status", right?

I mean being shit upon by being dismissed as racist/sexist/xenophobic/insert your phobia/etc. We don't merely disagree with each other anymore. We have to assign the absolute worst motivations to a vote or position, whether or not they represent the majority or even a plurality of the motivations of the base (news flash-- they never represent either). Dems are especially good at this. The only thing Pubs have to fire back with is to accuse the Dems of being heathens or commies of communist heathens, and HRC co-opted the commie thing for this election.

"Loss of majority status" is normally a fleeting thing. Whatever, you lose and move on and fight again in 2 or 4 years. That is not what is going on here. One side has worked hard and over many years to concentrate power in DC. Pubs have worked in tandem when it has suited their interests. There is a legitimate clash between the cultures of DC and the states. When a border state passes a law that mirrors exactly federal immigration law, is dismissed by an administration in DC as racist/profiling, then the feds win in court (by arguing preemption to the court and not all those hyperbolic things it argues to the public) and leave the state powerless to defend its own borders, that's a problem. That's the kind of the thing that leads to fuck yous at the state level, maybe not in Arizona, but more likely in Texas. And that is but one example. A permanently entrenched power structure in DC made up of politicians and the media is the larger, more general description of the problem.

I don't think he was talking about that majority.

I mean being shit upon by being dismissed as racist/sexist/xenophobic/insert your phobia/etc. We don't merely disagree with each other anymore. We have to assign the absolute worst motivations to a vote or position, whether or not they represent the majority or even a plurality of the motivations of the base (news flash-- they never represent either). Dems are especially good at this. The only thing Pubs have to fire back with is to accuse the Dems of being heathens or commies of communist heathens, and HRC co-opted the commie thing for this election.

"Loss of majority status" is normally a fleeting thing. Whatever, you lose and move on and fight again in 2 or 4 years. That is not what is going on here. One side has worked hard and over many years to concentrate power in DC. Pubs have worked in tandem when it has suited their interests. There is a legitimate clash between the cultures of DC and the states. When a border state passes a law that mirrors exactly federal immigration law, is dismissed by an administration in DC as racist/profiling, then the feds win in court (by arguing preemption to the court and not all those hyperbolic things it argues to the public) and leave the state powerless to defend its own borders, that's a problem. That's the kind of the thing that leads to fuck yous at the state level, maybe not in Arizona, but more likely in Texas. And that is but one example. A permanently entrenched power structure in DC made up of politicians and the media is the larger, more general description of the problem.

as oppose to being shit on for being america-hating pussy PC police who can't get married or get fired because they're not hetero white person? for example

Beginning of the end today, I fear. A HRC win pretty much ensures further marginalization of the right, as well as those disenfranchised millions who left the Dems in the 80s/90s, voted Perot in the 90s, and voted for Trump. More anger as a result of blanket dismissals of her opponents as racist, sexist, xenophobic. More unfettered immigration to use "democracy" as a tool for one party rule. A HRC win also emboldens the establishment politicians, who once again would fail to address the enormous groundswell against them. The press has absolutely zero credibility now and isn't trusted by anybody. Abandoning any pretense of impartiality means more people will draw their news from ridiculous sources and are more poorly informed as a result. The abundance of information has made us all dumber.

I chalked it up as nonsense as recently as 4 years ago, but no longer do. States will revolt if there is another 4 years of the same shit. You will see more lawsuits challenging government authority, more legal slapdowns from the courts, and eventually states are gonna say fuck it and fuck you, we're done and it's the 21st century so you aren't going to send in troops to stop us. Buh bye. Dismiss such notions at your peril. We may not relate to this groundswell in our nice little suburban homes, but it's there. Regardless of who wins, the states need to convene a constitutional convention and agree on some new things outside of, apart from, and unencumbered by the weenies in Washington or else it's going to unravel. It is their responsibility to do so before opting out. They were given this option for precisely this reason.

Does a Trump win stop all that? It puts his side to bed for a nap, but it also just reverses that groundswell and causes more people in blue states to say fuck it, just not to the extent that you're seeing now. In the end, there is too much anger everywhere, too much vitriol. In spite of HRC and Obama implying it, hate isn't the preferred parlance of the right. It is abundant on the left as well. Politicians know it's a great motivator to get people to the polls. In the end, it will be the undoing for all of them when they no longer have a country to rule.

It's as though we need leadership that doesn't treat every act from the other side of the aisle as an assault on all that is America. When people say that Trump's rhetoric is dangerous, that's exactly what they're referring to. It isn't just Trump, but Trump is the one running for president. When you begin entirely dismissing ideas as "the worst ever!!!", discrediting everything around you for the sake of self preservation, and blaming the system for your short comings, then it's easy to see why everyone is so angry. I'm not saying there aren't real problems worthy of getting angry over, but the leaders of both parties need to grow up and actually work in a reasonable fashion to change things.

Last edited:
Back