• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The hamster ball, the sack race, etc.

meandmyuncleDeac

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else is sick and tired of shit like the hamster ball race, the sack race, and other stupid stuff at every game. That stuff would be great for Greek Week on the quad, but has no place at BB&T. Reminds of attending single-A baseball games.

The students might get more pumped up for these than the actual game...

Meh. They generate revenue. What would you fill that void with?

the frat stuff is stupid since they dont actually try to win the competition. just run around craving the attention they need to feel relevant

Agreed. What else should we do? Our band doesn't really have stadium filling sound (not their fault, it's a matter of their size) that can get the crowd up and keep them going for long breaks, and we make $$ off the sponsors for those things. A little bit of minor league baseball is a good thing IMO. We're not the NFL, we're a small university.

the frat stuff is stupid since they dont actually try to win the competition. just run around craving the attention they need to feel relevant

I was a GDI, but even I think that wreaks a little bit of sour grapes. I've never seen anyone out there being anything but a (drunk) college kid.

I was surprised that more than 50% of the Greeks were wearing black this week. Bravo.

I've never liked stuff like this at the games either, but I think comparing this problem to what's going on at Penn State is a bit of an overstatement.

Fill the dead time between quarters and during tv timeouts by showing a different game on the jumbotron.

That shit along with the mic in the band and that crap they're trying to get the crowd to sing in the 4th quarter need to go.

What kind of dopes do we have working in sports marketing?

Other than the revenue - guess every little bit helps. Put some interesting promo, WF history, highlight an old famous player/team/event, promote an upcoming game, etc. on our New Jumbotron. (not a jeep race)

Other than the revenue - guess every little bit helps. Put some interesting promo, WF history, highlight an old famous player/team/event, promote an upcoming game, etc. on our New Jumbotron. (not a jeep race)

Heck, do a real hamster race.

I've never liked stuff like this at the games either, but I think comparing this problem to what's going on at Penn State is a bit of an overstatement.

In all seriousness, my first thought when I saw the thread title "hampster ball/sack race" was that it had something to do with Sandusky's "camp".

Back