• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Hangover II

Hangover 3 is being written as you read this. It has a green light.

Supposedly is going to be set in Amsterdam and not be a simple retread of the same exact story. Furthermore, the producer is stating it will be a stand alone film.

I liked Hangover 2 but it was no where near the original. Like Dwight on the Office, there was too much Alan (and it was too forced). Dwight/Alan are good in doses, and fail when called on to be in the spotlight most of the time.

What might be a good hook would be to have wives somehow track them down, be one step behind and having a bizarre trip of their own.

Bridesmaids was funny. Saw it last night, and there were some terrific scenes.

Probably will wait to see Hangover II until video.

I thought that forgetting Sarah Marshall was very good. Didn't hurt that Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell were both looking very good. Get Him to the Greek was too silly for me at times, but still OK.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall wasn't funny enough to be a comedy. It didn't really try to be that funny. It was ok, but I think it's been overrated over time.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is literally my favorite comedy of the last ten years. I went to IMDB's page a while ago and read some quotes and I remembered how much I love that movie.

DV, getsome and I just saw Hangover II...it has a few okay lines, but felt trite and forced overall. Even the actors seemed like they were halfassing it. Still a fun time in theaters, but I definitely thought Bridesmaids was better.

Hangover 3? Oh god. If it is a standalone film, will it have a new cast? I can't see how it's standalone with the same actors.

Bridesmaids...not good or funny at all. Only funny parts had to do with the fat lady that looks like Ricky Gervais.

Hangover II, better than I expected, a lot darker as someone else mentioned though. Definitely not as good as the first but it wasn't awful.

I saw this last night. Pretty funny, but they crossed a boundary in that script club scene.

I could have lived the rest of my life without hearing that nonsense. Ugh.

Pisses me off that the Cowboys employed his ass for even a day.

http://www.newsinfilm.com/2011/06/10/zach-galifianakis-spills-the-hangover-3-details/

Despite warnings from critics about its un-originality (a notable 44% difference on RottenTomatoes), The Hangover Part II has made nearly $350 million worldwide already on a budget of $80 million. That’s nearly $19 million for each of its three stars, who earned $1 million collectively on the first hit.
Which, of course, means a sequel, and Warner Bros is all over it. The studio hired Craig Mazin, one of the writers on Part II, this month to expand on an original idea dreamed up by director Todd Phillips, who acknowledged that the sequel followed the same “template” to please fans of the first.

But this time it’ll be different, Phillips assured in May, and it will be the last installment in an R-rated trilogy. So, what does that mean for The Hangover Part III? Alcohol poisoning? A boa constrictor in their hotel room? Ed Helms loses an eye?

The always-candid Zach Galifianakis, who (refreshingly) doesn’t employ a publicist, had no qualms about spilling the supposed premise for the follow-up to Rolling Stone. ”They want to do a Hangover III,” Galifianakis said. “I’m getting fricking phone calls already.” He continued by saying the third will focus on Phil (Bradley Cooper) and Stu (Helms) breaking Alan (Galifianakis) out of a mental institution. That sounds like It’s Kind of a Funny Story…

Meanwhile, Warner Bros is still embroiled in a ridiculous lawsuit with tattoo artist S. Victor Whitmill, who claims the studio violated his copyright by replicating Mike Tyson’s face markings on Helms in the movie. Whitmill was unable to win an injunction to stop the sequel’s theatrical release, but is holding out for a hefty settlement or the scheduled February court date. Only WB has set a December 2011 release for the DVD/Blu-ray. THR reports if the case doesn’t settle soon, they may have to ditigally alter the tattoo. Isn’t that an implicit admission of infringement?

a few funny parts, but terrible movie overall. The Thai girl is really hot though

Back