• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
That was a great opening.

Wow.

"Sadly, civil rights only won the pennant that year. Racism won the World Series."

Truer words.

it would be pretty interesting if he was able to sustain interesting, intelligent/worthy interviews of people in the late night space.

Pretty short sighted, but accurate. I suspect Colbert has a big picture in mind. He has really talked a lot about a show being "intentional" in every interview leading up in addition to his appearance on TDS. I am excited to see what comes after he establishes his audience. This is about building some trust with a broader audience in some ways. He will never get another crack at so many viewers he had last night.

Last edited:
Pretty short sided, but accurate. I suspect Colbert has a big picture in mind. He has really talked a lot about a show being "intentional" in every interview leading up in addition to his appearance on TDS. I am excited to see what comes after he establishes his audience. This is about building some trust with a broader audience in some ways. He will never get another crack at so many viewers he had last night.

Yep. He's got to merge the Letterman audience with his old audience and any new audience he may pick up from the hype.

it would be pretty interesting if he was able to sustain interesting, intelligent/worthy interviews of people in the late night space.

Which would be easier if he could have Neil DeGrasse Tyson on every night. The 2 of them are great together.

I was bored after 15 minutes of not terribly funny jokes and turned it off

I wasn't impressed. He seemed... nervous? I dunno. It will probably get better, though.

I wasn't impressed. He seemed... nervous? I dunno. It will probably get better, though.

He seemed nervous.

I hope he gets a little edgier, like the old character. The problem with the network late shows is they get white washed for general consumption.

Back