• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Long Awaited SkinsNDeacs Star Lock Super Bowl Thread

At least you tried skins. I'll be waiting on your Stanley Cup and NBA Finals picks.

you were blinded by your hate for the giants

Maybe..I just did not think that shit team could win the championship. I guess I was wrong. The worst pro championship team in sports in my life time. I guess that is the new NFL.

O well..

Maybe..I just did not think that shit team could win the championship. I guess I was wrong. The worst pro championship team in sports in my life time. I guess that is the new NFL.

O well..

Got hot at the right time. Just like my Cardinals did in Sept/October, just like the Packers did last year in their Super Bowl.

Plus the Giants are a great team that got healthy and started playing up to capabilities at the right time. You are just a little blinded because the Giants are your blood rivals.

Got hot at the right time. Just like my Cardinals did in Sept/October, just like the Packers did last year in their Super Bowl.

Plus the Giants are a great team that got healthy and started playing up to capabilities at the right time. You are just a little blinded because the Giants are your blood rivals.

I am tired of the Cards comparison. They lost to the fucking Redskins 2 weeks before the end of the season. The Cards were red hot the 2nd half of the season.

and because his team is destined to suck for decades to come

BTW...The Giants are not our blood rival. They are a very distant 3rd on the hatred list in the NFC East.

The Cardinals are the right team, but wrong year. '06 Cards were worse than the Gmen and countless other title teams. Think they went 81-80 in the regular season?

Giants got healthy and had some young guys, namely JPP and Cruz, come of age. If we replayed the regular season now they'd be a 12-4-type team. Their record belies how good they are

Can't we all just agree that the Redskins suck balls?

Giants a shit team? Only a bitter skins fan would say that.

Eli is clearly a top qb. They have a great receiving core and a very good offensive line. Bradshaw was injured a lot of the year, but when him and Jacobs are together they have a very good rushing attack.

Their defense was hurt by a lot of injuries early in the year, but when they got healthy and their secondary improved, they proved formidable.

The Giants absolutely lost to some bad teams this year. That happens in sports. But, they beat the pats twice and San Fran and Green Bay on the road.

Bottom line is when every team is healthy and playing well, they are a top 5 NFL team. Over the last month, they were the best.

The Cardinals are the right team, but wrong year. '06 Cards were worse than the Gmen and countless other title teams. Think they went 81-80 in the regular season?

Giants got healthy and had some young guys, namely JPP and Cruz, come of age. If we replayed the regular season now they'd be a 12-4-type team. Their record belies how good they are

This. Hard to claim super bowl champs are ever "bad." Besides, the Giants convincingly beat GB, SF, and NE to take championship. It's not like they backed into it or anything.

Always pulled for G-men. There's just alot to like about this team. Balanced, two rb attack, great receivers, Eli is clearly top 5 qb in league and clutch as shit, and a defense that get's it done. I think the football Giants will be making noise for a few more years.

I am tired of the Cards comparison. They lost to the fucking Redskins 2 weeks before the end of the season. The Cards were red hot the 2nd half of the season.

Cards lost a lot through July and had themselves 10 games out. Of course they lost a key pitcher, but still. The Giants may have lost to the redskins twice, but they got hot at the right time and also their defense got healthy. Put that together with a good coach like Coughlin and a great QB like Eli and that is a deadly combination. And they have a great pass rush with some outstanding D-linemen.

Pack got hot last year & they backed into the playoffs. Red Sox a few years ago got down to the freaking Yankees 0-3 and came storming back against everybody. They swept my Cards who had the best record in baseball that year.

Doesn't matter who is the best team when you get to the playoffs. Just gotta get hot at the right time and they did and ran the table while playing on the road.

Giants a shit team? Only a bitter skins fan would say that.

Eli is clearly a top qb. They have a great receiving core and a very good offensive line. Bradshaw was injured a lot of the year, but when him and Jacobs are together they have a very good rushing attack.

Their defense was hurt by a lot of injuries early in the year, but when they got healthy and their secondary improved, they proved formidable.

The Giants absolutely lost to some bad teams this year. That happens in sports. But, they beat the pats twice and San Fran and Green Bay on the road.

Bottom line is when every team is healthy and playing well, they are a top 5 NFL team. Over the last month, they were the best.

Not according to Vegas. They are not even a top 3 team in the N F C to get to the Super Bowl next year.

O well..

2006 st louis cardinals say hi

Skins just tell these NY face-painters that it's almost baseball season and the Nats are way better than the Mets.

Not according to Vegas. They are not even a top 3 team in the N F C to get to the Super Bowl next year.

So what? We're relying on futures odds put out by Vegas two days after the Super Bowl to determine who the best teams are? Absurd. First of all, only an idiot bets on futures the day after the super bowl. Besides, who was the top team at the start of the 2011 season? Your precious Eagles and their superteam that was going to go 19-0 and beat everyone by 20 points?

Bottom line is there are two things that matter more than anything in today's NFL. Your coach and your qb. (Good luck winning a super bowl anytime soon with Vick as your quarterback, by the way). Giants have two of the best in Coughlin and Eli. Are they ever going to win a super bowl ever again? Who knows. But, they're certainly in the category with the Pats, Steelers, Packers and Saints. You know....Super Bowl winners. There will be years they miss the playoffs. That's the NFL. But, over the next 5-7 years they'll be in the playoffs more often than not. They'll win the NFC east a few times, too. And, if they make a few good draft picks along the way....who knows, they might just win another one.

The "best" team in the league lost to the chiefs. The ravens lost to Jacksonville. Every top team crapped the bed at some point this year. And everyone knew that the giants were going to suck in November due to their schedule. The only surprise was losing to the redskins.

So what? We're relying on futures odds put out by Vegas two days after the Super Bowl to determine who the best teams are? Absurd. First of all, only an idiot bets on futures the day after the super bowl. Besides, who was the top team at the start of the 2011 season? Your precious Eagles and their superteam that was going to go 19-0 and beat everyone by 20 points?

Bottom line is there are two things that matter more than anything in today's NFL. Your coach and your qb. (Good luck winning a super bowl anytime soon with Vick as your quarterback, by the way). Giants have two of the best in Coughlin and Eli. Are they ever going to win a super bowl ever again? Who knows. But, they're certainly in the category with the Pats, Steelers, Packers and Saints. You know....Super Bowl winners. There will be years they miss the playoffs. That's the NFL. But, over the next 5-7 years they'll be in the playoffs more often than not. They'll win the NFC east a few times, too. And, if they make a few good draft picks along the way....who knows, they might just win another one.

The Giants also should be getting their top DB and their top LB back next season, neither of whom played a down this year.

Back