• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2022 Official Thread

Was more referring to online secondary market where people are looking for thousands for tickets

Can’t imagine the predators on site would be carrying around tens of thousands in cash in their khakis

Outside of the lottery how TF do people get tickets to this tournament? People talk about going every year so I assume there is gotta be some kind of way to buy tickets at reasonable prices

Relative to tickets, used to have to apply for the privilege of getting tickets by mail, somehow they would keep track of how many times you had applied and usually after about ten years you would be granted rights to the practice rounds, after a few more years you would be granted tournament tickets, further, if you failed to repurchase your tickets the following year you would go back to the end of the line, had a friend who went through this process and he finally got rights to two tickets. Let me use them one year. I did notice there were people in the parking lots selling one day passes for that day’s festivities so I guess you can get in that way also.

Finally realizing that badges are renewed annually thus keeping it extremely difficult for those who’ve never gone. Makes sense I guess since the Augusta members I’m sure want to keep out the unwashed masses out by not allowing all tickets to be completely up for grabs every year

Willy Z's putting isn't an absolute horror show. If he keeps it up no reason why he can't be in contention again this year.

Tiger could be dead and six feet under and I would not count him out

Super impressive from Tiger, but the true test will probably be tomorrow, playing (walking really) 18 holes for a 2nd straight day.

There was a time back in the 60's/70's when Wake could have a half dozen or more alums playing in this thing in any given year, and there would be a reception tent just for the Wake contingent somewhere near the course. That was probably a cool thing to have been a part of, even if you never got inside the grounds for the actual tournament.

Willy Z's putting isn't an absolute horror show. If he keeps it up no reason why he can't be in contention again this year.

No, his stroke looked better at the ACC Match Play 2 weeks ago. He won his group, beating Hovland, and lost in the quarters to Kisner, which is no embarrassment in match play. Much better looking than a month or 2 ago. That's why I picked him in our pool - he has a real shot.

There was a time back in the 60's/70's when Wake could have a half dozen or more alums playing in this thing in any given year, and there would be a reception tent just for the Wake contingent somewhere near the course. That was probably a cool thing to have been a part of, even if you never got inside the grounds for the actual tournament.

Yeah, but those 80s memories of Wake golfers at Augusta were painful. Hoch with the 2' putt for the win.... Curtis, don't go for the par 5 greens in 2....

seems like we're building up the wake ranks on tour again

2000 era Wake Masters memories no better….Len Mattiace was painful.

Hard to believe that Strange could have easily won the 85 Masters with an 80 opening round.

No, his stroke looked better at the ACC Match Play 2 weeks ago. He won his group, beating Hovland, and lost in the quarters to Kisner, which is no embarrassment in match play. Much better looking than a month or 2 ago. That's why I picked him in our pool - he has a real shot.

Willy Z looking good. Rooting for the guy. He made it so exciting, hope he keeps it up. This tournament more than most is about who place the course well, and I think this may be his.

I like Tiger, but I don't want to watch him standing in the fairway waiting for the green to clear for 5 minutes.

As long as it is ESPN, that's what you'll see.

I don't remember if CBS is as idolatrous but I sure hope not.

Tiger was really close to having a -3 type of day. Bogie on 8 was bad. Couple other shots he left out there. Struggled getting off the tee. His irons were, as always, damn good. And his putting was really good today. Putter bailed him out a bunch today. Needs a few more GIR tomorrow to not have to panic on every green

Cheering for the Wake guys and Tiger. Fun to not have any money on it. You can just cheer for guys you like and enjoy golf

Cheering for the Wake guys and Tiger. Fun to not have any money on it. You can just cheer for guys you like and enjoy golf

That's one way to look at it, I guess.

I spent yesterday watching and wishing I had wagered on a few things. Also didn't join a single pool this year for the first time in a long time.

Will probably wager on some things after today's round.

Back