• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2024

Rachel Kuehn and Emilia Migliacchio will make the cut for the Augusta Women's Am. Carolina Lopez-Chacarra will miss by a stroke. So Rachel and Emilia will be playing Augusta National. Kudos.

Last edited:
Pretty cool all qualifying players in the event get to play a practice around at Augusta National tomorrow.

Last edited:
It's cool, but it's also really stupid that they stop the tourney and play a practice round in the middle of it.

Good. Do you realize how miserably slow you have to be to actually get a penalty?

Absolutely! You have to be warned 3 or 4 times before they actually penalize you. Honestly, they should enforce it more.

If anyone wants something like a hat or flag or shirt or something, I could prolly scoop something. Just let me know. BP’s is in the mix, but I don’t know if I can keep up with everything. Let me know though.

In all reality all three rounds should just be at augusta national.

In all reality all three rounds should just be at augusta national.
Well, I can understand that I think. Do you really want that much play on the course the week before the Masters? Of course another option is to play the Am at another time, but the timing of it and the Drive, Chip and Putt make for such a good lead up to the main event.

It's not that much more, there aren't a ton of girls in the tourney, and they already play 2 rounds now. I think the timing works because they only have to get the course perfect one time a year.

And the places these girls play from on the course are VASTLY different from where the men will be hitting from next week.

It's not that much more, there aren't a ton of girls in the tourney, and they already play 2 rounds now. I think the timing works because they only have to get the course perfect one time a year.
That may be true, but I bet that is the reason they don't play all 3 rounds there. The first couple of rounds would be the full Am field as well, so instead of one full Am field round (practice round today) there'd be at least 3. Yeah, they play different tees, but after that they're not necessarily playing from different spots.

Family lives in Augusta and the ANGC continues to gobble up land to expand their footprint. The rumor is that the acquisitions are to first build a dedicated interchange he at I-20 that would take patrons straight on the grounds to avoid the Washington Road sprawl, and the other is to build another 18 hole course to host the first two rounds of the ANWA. Knowing how they operate both seem plausible.

Not necessarily on 2nd shots and around the greens. Kupcho dominated Augusta from the tees they played.
2nd shots are still pretty different on lots of holes, greens I agree with. Still I think it is kinda crazy they just play the one round there. You all are correct that is the reasoning but I think that's some bs and they should do all 3. Anyways I'm glad its a thing either way

2nd shots are still pretty different on lots of holes, greens I agree with. Still I think it is kinda crazy they just play the one round there. You all are correct that is the reasoning but I think that's some bs and they should do all 3. Anyways I'm glad its a thing either way
Yeah. I don't really get why they play the first rounds at different courses. But I enjoy watching the final round at Augusta National. I remember the first year when Kupcho won, they showed the last few holes on the big screen at the football stadium before the spring game. It was cool.

That may be true, but I bet that is the reason they don't play all 3 rounds there. The first couple of rounds would be the full Am field as well, so instead of one full Am field round (practice round today) there'd be at least 3. Yeah, they play different tees, but after that they're not necessarily playing from different spots.
I would guess they'd be looking at 4 rounds total, 3 with the full field (1 practice, 2 rounds before cut, final round). On top of doubling the play it's two more days with spectators out there and two less days they can get any work in the week before the Masters.

Back