• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2024

I get the feeling that Rahm and Koepka hate playing for LIV (maybe Niemann too). The rest of the LIV guys are happy to collect the Saudi cash, and if it means, that they don't reach their competitive peak or sustain it, they can live with that.
I think Rahm already some regrets about going LIV. It's kind of like a NFL player leaving the NFL to go play for the UFL/

Personally I just don’t like the douche golfers, regardless of what golf organization they’re a part of. So I can generally get on board with just about anyone winning a tournament if they’re not a douche.

I don’t blame any of the players that took a bag to go play in a fake golf league, that’s a ton of cash to turn down. Doesn’t mean that LIV is a good product though.

Disappointing no one made a move on the back 9. Homa's three wood off the tee on 13 was a head-scratcher as LK noted. Scottie played great golf, but I expected more from the others on the leaderboard.
Yeah. As the last groups were making the turn, it was setting up to be a great finish. But then Morikawa doubled #9 and Aberg went in the water on 11, Homa doubles 12 and Morikawa doubles 11. And that was basically it. The 2024 Masters ended in the Amen Corner on Sunday.

Personally I just don’t like the douche golfers, regardless of what golf organization they’re a part of. So I can generally get on board with just about anyone winning a tournament if they’re not a douche.

I don’t blame any of the players that took a bag to go play in a fake golf league, that’s a ton of cash to turn down. Doesn’t mean that LIV is a good product though.
LIV is an awful product that no one watches. Which is why Yasir is now negotiating with the PGA and DP.

Rahm seems pretty miserable this year, and playing pretty mediocre golf also. Couple top 5s on LIV mean nothing, the fact he hasn't won an event is kinda sad I thought he'd dominate. Maybe this will be a wake up call.
Yeah, Rahm looked like someone just shot his dog while he was sitting in the Butler Cabin ceremony yesterday.

Yep I agree. I really don't get bashing the LIV players if they are otherwise good dudes.

It makes a ton of sense to go make more money, guaranteed money, and get to spend a ton more time with your family/wife/kids being a better family man.

But I haven't watched a single second of LIV.

2024 Masters payouts​

1. Scottie Scheffler — $3.6 million
2. Ludvig Aberg — $2.16 million
T3. Collin Morikawa, Max Homa, Tommy Fleetwood — $1.04 million
T6. Cam Smith, Bryson DeChambeau — $695,000
8. Xander Schauffele — $620,000
T9. Will Zalatoris, Tyrrell Hatton, Cam Young — $540,000
T12. Matthieu Pavon, Patrick Reed, Adam Schenk, Cam Davis — $406,000
T16. Sepp Straka, Ben An, Nicolai Højgaard, Chris Kirk — $310,000
T20. Taylor Moore, Lucas Glover — $250,000
T22. Keegan Bradley, Min Woo Lee, Harris English, Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Joaquin Niemann, Matt Fitzpatrick, Patrick Cantlay — $175,500
T30. Tom Kim, Jason Day, Si Woo Kim, J.T. Poston, Rickie Fowler — $124,200
T35. Kurt Kitayama, Camillo Villegas, Akshay Bhatia — $103,000
T38. Russell Henley, Corey Conners, Hideki Matsuyama, Luke List, Ryan Fox — $86,000
T43. Phil Mickelson, Shane Lowry — $72,000
T45. Denny McCarthy, Brooks Koepka, José María Olazábal, Sahith Theegala, Jon Rahm, Danny Willett — $57,200
51. Grayson Murray — $49,200
52. Eric Cole — $48,000
T53. Adam Hadwin, Neal Shipley (A)* — $46,800
T55. Jake Knapp, Erik van Rooyen, Tony Finau — $44,400
T58. Vijay Singh, Thorbjørn Olesen — $41,400
60. Tiger Woods — $39,600

Back