• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2024

I would guess they'd be looking at 4 rounds total, 3 with the full field (1 practice, 2 rounds before cut, final round). On top of doubling the play it's two more days with spectators out there and two less days they can get any work in the week before the Masters.
Hadn't thought of two more days of spectators, that probably is a pretty good consideration. Although they may make more money on that pro shop!

Hadn't thought of two more days of spectators, that probably is a pretty good consideration. Although they may make more money on that pro shop!
It's amazing they get two rounds on the course! And the last thing AN worries about is making more money.

It's freaking Masters week, how can this thread be 2nd page. Is Rory's final round 66 and 3rd place (distant) finish at the Texas Open a sign he's peaking at the right time for Augusta finally, can any body stop Scottie too hottie, will Tiger make the cut or even contend, will any of the LIV guys make a run at the title? Can't wait to get some answers to those questions in a few days!

It's freaking Masters week, how can this thread be 2nd page. Is Rory's final round 66 and 3rd place (distant) finish at the Texas Open a sign he's peaking at the right time for Augusta finally, can any body stop Scottie too hottie, will Tiger make the cut or even contend, will any of the LIV guys make a run at the title? Can't wait to get some answers to those questions in a few days!
No. No. Yes. No.

No. No. Yes. No.
I'd love to see Rory win there, but he may have too much scar tissue at this point. And his iron game has been a bit off. Don't think Tiger makes the cut. Augusta is awfully hilly. As for Scottie, he should be there late - just depends on the putter. As for LIV, Rahm had a great January-April last year but didn't do anything after that. Maybe Koepka or Niemann. I hadn't realized this is Clark's 1st trip. I think he and Aberg will win there at some point, but I think there has only been 1 1st time winner there.

I'd love to see Rory win there, but he may have too much scar tissue at this point. And his iron game has been a bit off. Don't think Tiger makes the cut. Augusta is awfully hilly. As for Scottie, he should be there late - just depends on the putter. As for LIV, Rahm had a great January-April last year but didn't do anything after that. Maybe Koepka or Niemann. I hadn't realized this is Clark's 1st trip. I think he and Aberg will win there at some point, but I think there has only been 1 1st time winner there.
I would also love to see Rory win the Masters. But just don't see it happening. My Tiger comment is mostly wishful thinking but after 2019, I would never count him out.

2019 win was prior to Tiger driving 80 mph on a winding road.

2019 win was prior to Tiger driving 80 mph on a winding road.
Damn. That doesn't seem possible. That accident seems like it happened forever ago. The pandemic really messed with my sense of time.

Not 100% sure of the appeal, looks like basically a sports bar and food court, off site with a merch shop?

Give me Berckmans

I like the new Rory approach. Go to Butch, ignore the LIV noise, don't get to Augusta on Sunday night and spend 2 days obsessing over Augusta and the career slam. counting the minutes until Thursday. Coming off a nice finish last week.

The tees the women played are the same as we play. It’s still not short.
Official card has it at 6,365. The average LPGA course is 6,400 yards. So you know, a little below average.

Official card has it at 6,365. The average LPGA course is 6,400 yards. So you know, a little below average.

Yeah, like 1.94 yards per hole. Could be more depending on pin placements.

Back