• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2024

Par 3 coverage is live on the Masters app.

I got a bonus afternoon at the course yesterday. It was phenomenal, as always.

Rickie’s and Jordan’s daughter and son are super cute jumping in bunkers and hitting with their little toddler drivers.

Ugly weather forecast starting tonight through noon tomorrow in Augusta. Thunderstorms with lots of rain/wind. Absent a change from this forecast, golf won't start until Thursday afternoon and even with a reduced field doubtful that most finish tomorrow. The good news is that this incoming storm looks like the only rain for the rest of the tournament. Tiger has a late tee-time on Thursday. Will be tough for him to play extra holes on Friday. Not counting the Hero World tournament. Tiger has not played 4 competitive rounds in over a year.

For a 20-yr old girl to go so much under par with such pressure on such a tough course is remarkable. Plus, I love Lottie Woad's accent. Congratulations to her and FSU.

I was down there yesterday. I had never been on a Tuesday but still a great experience. 9/10

ANGC continues to be a step above all of the others. The only complaint was the merch tent lines ranged from about 30 minutes to an hour. It’s strange because I haven’t really seen the same crowds there on the other days in the past but perhaps ticketed fans has been increased. Course looked great.

Edit: Lots of “celebs” in the golf world and beyond just walking around yesterday.

I was down there yesterday. I had never been on a Tuesday but still a great experience. 9/10

ANGC continues to be a step above all of the others. The only complaint was the merch tent lines ranged from about 30 minutes to an hour. It’s strange because I haven’t really seen the same crowds there on the other days in the past but perhaps ticketed fans has been increased. Course looked great.

Edit: Lots of “celebs” in the golf world and beyond just walking around yesterday.

Sandwiches still on the cheap?

Merch lines (especially on practice round days) are self-inflicted pain.

Next time... if you do things in the right order, you'll spend precisely 0 seconds in line anywhere on the course & be able to buy anything you want.

p.s. I've made $10k+ on unpackaged gnome sets, and I'll be the first to tell you: once something is so sought after that you know about it... it's too late. The versions from 2020- are never going to be the originals.

p.p.s. (The only thing you can't buy at 5 p.m. is a gnome...)

Sandwiches still on the cheap?

$1.50 for chicken salad, pimento cheese, and egg salad. $3.00 for bbq. $5-7 dollars for beers I think. Beer options were Crow's Nest (local wheat of some type that has it's own Masters cup), domestic (we guessed Miller lite), and import (maybe a stella?). Everything in concessions still very reasonable and never a long line.

Merch lines (especially on practice round days) are self-inflicted pain.

Next time... if you do things in the right order, you'll spend precisely 0 seconds in line anywhere on the course & be able to buy anything you want.

p.s. I've made $10k+ on unpackaged gnome sets, and I'll be the first to tell you: once something is so sought after that you know about it... it's too late. The versions from 2020- are never going to be the originals.

p.p.s. (The only thing you can't buy at 5 p.m. is a gnome...)

Merch line never changed between 8 am - 6 pm. Even at 5:30 at South Gate it was still roughly a 20 minute line.

Who ya got?

Brooks switching putters last minute, Rahm regretting his LIV choice, Hovland changing his swing, Cam Smith fighting his driver, Burns might leave on day 3 for a birth, toss out (most) first-timers.

It'd be crazy not to go with Scotty, but after that I like Xander, Rory (maybe just wishful thinking), Hideki, both Wake guys, Lowry, Wyndham. Longer shots on Conners, Keegan, Ben An, Kirk. Rolling with a bunch of 3-way parlays for top 10's and 20's since Scotty might run away with it.

Who ya got?

Brooks switching putters last minute, Rahm regretting his LIV choice, Hovland changing his swing, Cam Smith fighting his driver, Burns might leave on day 3 for a birth, toss out (most) first-timers.

It'd be crazy not to go with Scotty, but after that I like Xander, Rory (maybe just wishful thinking), Hideki, both Wake guys, Lowry, Wyndham. Longer shots on Conners, Keegan, Ben An, Kirk. Rolling with a bunch of 3-way parlays for top 10's and 20's since Scotty might run away with it.
I forget who it was on XM radio, but they were talking about Hovland changing his swing and they seemed to think a lot of it was trying to be able to hit a draw off the tee specifically for the Masters. They said Martin Kaymer (remember him, tried to do the same thing and it ruined his career. They were basically making the point that trying to change things that are working for a hand full of tee shots at one tournament may not be the best idea?

Who ya got?

Pretty much agree. Of the LIV guys, I see Niemann and Koepka going the lowest. Rahm didn't do much after his victory last year and then joined LIV, so don't see him, but he is ultra talented. Agree on Scottie 1st, Xander, Hideki, both Wake guys, Lowry and Clark. Don't feel good about Rory but hope I'm wrong. Also like Finau, Fitz, Fairway Jesus, Aberg and Theegala.

Niemann, Cam Young, Lowry, Hidecki. Little on Aberg. Of course, Scheffler. Hate his odds, but this is like UCONN in the NCAAT.

FWIW, took Lambrecht to be the low Am. Figured that playing at GT, he must have played Augusta as much as the other Ams combined. Plus, he can play.

Pretty much agree. Of the LIV guys, I see Niemann and Koepka going the lowest. Rahm didn't do much after his victory last year and then joined LIV, so don't see him, but he is ultra talented. Agree on Scottie 1st, Xander, Hideki, both Wake guys, Lowry and Clark. Don't feel good about Rory but hope I'm wrong. Also like Finau, Fitz, Fairway Jesus, Aberg and Theegala.
I expect Koepka will play well as he usually does in majors. I would love to see Rory contend and he did play well last week.

Bryson starts birdie, birdie, birdie... Is this year, Augusta is a Par 67 for him?

Back