• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2024

Tiger looks kinda jacked. Haven't seen him in awhile.

Agreed. I'm guessing he put on some extra upper body muscle since that's the engine behind his swing now. He can't generate much ground force so has to create speed and leverage another way.

Agreed. I'm guessing he put on some extra upper body muscle since that's the engine behind his swing now. He can't generate much ground force so has to create speed and leverage another way.

He also appears to slightly have shortened his backswing and is keeping his weight more left. Both can help when he can't transfer like he used to.

Niemann, Cam Young, Lowry, Hidecki. Little on Aberg. Of course, Scheffler. Hate his odds, but this is like UCONN in the NCAAT.

FWIW, took Lambrecht to be the low Am. Figured that playing at GT, he must have played Augusta as much as the other Ams combined. Plus, he can play.
The US Mid-Am winner, Stewart Hagestad, is playing in his 3rd Masters this week, so I'm not so sure this is true about Lambrecht. Cristo had it to 3-under at one point but had a rough back nine. Impressed by Shipley, the US Am runner-up, posting a 1-under today, mostly playing later in the day.

Really hoping Bryson falls back to earth tomorrow, not a fan of his constant whining about merging the tours back together (he seems to be one of the more vocal ones about it), among other things.

Let's go Willy Z.

F%&k the LIV players.
He lost a couple coming in, but -2 is a solid start for both him and Cam. I'm pleased. A lot of LIV guys but only DeChambeau and Niemann off to good starts. Both 1st timers Clark and Aberg with too much spin on their wedges on 15 and come back in the water. Speaking of 15, Spieth with a 9. Not sure there is another par 5 in the world that produces as many 3s and snowmen as 15. Tiger looked good yesterday but it was painful watching him try to amble around this morning. On general principal, any tourney he plays in should give him an early/late Thu/Fri so he has more time to recover. And Homa with his best major round - hope he keeps it up.

Will be interesting to see if the wind picks up even more as the day progresses. The second wave got the worst of the conditions yesterday.

Would love to have been in the room when it was decided let's pair Scotty and Rory together, but NOT make them a featured group for coverage.

Anyone but DeShampoo!!

Go Cam and Will!!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I'd cheer for Bryson over Hojgaard. Dude just looks like a Euro villain.

Tiger finally made a putt. It's pretty odd watching him - he's obviously in pain, has the back, leg, ankle, etc. But he's striping driver for the most part and struggling with shorter iron shots and putting. He's left a ton of putts well short.

Colt just said they measured the wind on 4 and 226 yds is playing 261. Yikes.

If Homa finds a way to win the Masters, the 2025 Champions dinner would be a change for Augusta National.

best-jewish-food-thumb.jpg

Back