• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Masters 2024

Nah, I don't mind Koepka, he's treated everything but the majors for years as "exhibition golf", so he fits right at home on LIV.

LIV…..capitalism at its best! Just like NIL in college athletics. Still kills you that Koepka won the PGA
Capitalism is great but the LIV doesn't seem like a good example. These players make a ton of money for playing less demanding, mediocre golf relative to typical PGA standards, and just for showing up.

LIV…..capitalism at its best! Just like NIL in college athletics. Still kills you that Koepka won the PGA

this is so hilarious.

if you think capitalism is a good system (as i do), it takes a real moron to say that LIV is the best capitalism can do considering what a terrible outcome and product it’s been for golf.

but even moreso is idiots like this usually have no idea what capitalism even means. LIV exists because of the absence of capitalism in saudi arabia and literally is using public money on non-ROI generating activities.

“the DMV…capitalism at its best!” - thereff, probably

I’d love to see Cam Young make a big move today. If not, I’m hoping to see Max Homa or Scheffler pull out the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know that there is an amount of money that would get me to wear J Day’s awful pants.

Tiger in all kinds of pain today. Not sure he finishes the round.

Homa's short game is an art form at a level I'll never know.

this is so hilarious.

if you think capitalism is a good system (as i do), it takes a real moron to say that LIV is the best capitalism can do considering what a terrible outcome and product it’s been for golf.

but even moreso is idiots like this usually have no idea what capitalism even means. LIV exists because of the absence of capitalism in saudi arabia and literally is using public money on non-ROI generating activities.

“the DMV…capitalism at its best!” - thereff, probably
It’s all about free agency and going where the money is. It is not about the politics of Saudi Arabia. This is no different than when Hershel Walker went to the new league called the USFL in 1983. He went because the NFL did allow players to leave early and of course the money.
Or better yet, compare LIV to the AFL started by Lamar Hunt in 1960 because the NFL would not give him a team. 10 years later they merged due to competitive pressure.
So idiots that can’t see that about LIV, just don’t like their sacred golf having competition. LIV is giving that to them and has upset their apple cart.

Capitalism is great but the LIV doesn't seem like a good example. These players make a ton of money for playing less demanding, mediocre golf relative to typical PGA standards, and just for showing up.
And yet the PGA has copied them with many of the same ideas on the smaller field tournaments, plus bumped up the purses in finally listening to their tour board. But in extorting more money from sponsors, they have now lost several long-timers. Like Farmers, Wells Fargo & Honda. AT& T dropped the Byron Nelson.

Even Rory McIlroy says LIV exposed flaws in the PGA tour.

It’s all about free agency and going where the money is. It is not about the politics of Saudi Arabia. This is no different than when Hershel Walker went to the new league called the USFL in 1983. He went because the NFL did allow players to leave early and of course the money.
Or better yet, compare LIV to the AFL started by Lamar Hunt in 1960 because the NFL would not give him a team. 10 years later they merged due to competitive pressure.
So idiots that can’t see that about LIV, just don’t like their sacred golf having competition. LIV is giving that to them and has upset their apple cart.

Did the US Government fund the USFL? Thats the key distinction here, and why the "capitalism" claim is not really appropriate.

Even Rory McIlroy says LIV exposed flaws in the PGA tour.

No disagreement here...it exposed flaws in the PGA Tour *for the players.

They've only exacerbated the major flaw that us viewers have to deal with...the need for networks to sell massive amounts of ads to recoup the rights fees the tour commands to stay on pace with a bottomless pit of money. The fan is not better off now.

Did the US Government fund the USFL? Thats the key distinction here, and why the "capitalism" claim is not really appropriate.
If I was Herschel Walker back then or Jon Rahm now, I wouldn’t care who is “funding” the money I am taking from a new startup league.

The LIV vs PGA rage is baffling to me.

It’s a bummer talent is now split, but besides that who cares.

Back