• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Most Inexcusable [Redacted] Decision Tonight

stonz

Reaction score
Don't care if this was mentioned elsewhere; it deserves its own thread.

Down 3 with 7 seconds left, [Redacted] put the ball in the hands of Madison Jones, our worst FT shooter. I don't care if Madison was supposed to pass immediately. I don't care if the players ran the play incorrectly. The fact that Madison Jones was in the game in that situation is completely indefensible.

#BuzzOut

Absolutety. Yelled the same thing before it happened. You knew he was getting fouled and you did it anyway. Absurd.

If RJ and Stonz agree on something, it's true.

We're actually talking about 2 separate inbounds plays. He's talking about the play where Chase turned it over leading to SH taking the lead.

I'm talking about the next inbounds play, when we were down 3.

The first play was more about Madison passing the ball into the corner, and Chase panicking. Obviously [Redacted] could have put different players in those positions, but in the end, that's mostly on the players. Chase has to know he can do anything except what he did (turn it over by our basket).

The inbounds play I'm talking about is completely inexcusable (see thread title haha). Down 3 with 7 seconds left, you have to expect the other team will foul. Especially if you put the ball in the hands of a sub-40% FT shooter. Absolutely insane that Madison was in the game in that situation.

Just inexcusable to have Madison in for Codi at that point. He continues to prove that he is atrocious at substitutions. But this is just such a common sense decision. How was it missed?

We're actually talking about 2 separate inbounds plays. He's talking about the play where Chase turned it over leading to SH taking the lead.

I'm talking about the next inbounds play, when we were down 3.

The first play was more about Madison passing the ball into the corner, and Chase panicking. Obviously [Redacted] could have put different players in those positions, but in the end, that's mostly on the players. Chase has to know he can do anything except what he did (turn it over by our basket).

The inbounds play I'm talking about is completely inexcusable (see thread title haha). Down 3 with 7 seconds left, you have to expect the other team will foul. Especially if you put the ball in the hands of a sub-40% FT shooter. Absolutely insane that Madison was in the game in that situation.

My fault, I misread. Yeah, no reason for Madison to be in down by 3 with 7 seconds left when there's a good chance they might foul.

Chase needs to know he can call a timeout in the corner. That's just basic stuff.

Absolutety. Yelled the same thing before it happened. You knew he was getting fouled and you did it anyway. Absurd.

Yep - I'm sure Bzz thought he was calling some great play for CJ to get a 3 pt look at the end. Of course, everyone else (incl SH) knew the game was over as soon as it went into Madison's hands. No fault to Madison - all just on a stupid play call.

Here's the best part: Codi Miller-McIntyre is 100% on the year from the FT line. Small sample size, yes, but 7-7 is a hell of a lot better than 10-26. Yes, you read that right: Madison is 10-26 from the FT line this year. That's Dwight Howard territory. And we put the ball in his hands when it is was fairly obvious SH was going to foul.

Just inexcusable to have Madison in for Codi at that point. He continues to prove that he is atrocious at substitutions. But this is just such a common sense decision. How was it missed?

You have to get it in CJ's hand on that last play. For starters, he is the best FT shooter, if they do foul. Secondly, he is the one guy that is both savy enough to pull up for a shot as they try to foul him, and has the ability to launch a long three, meaning that the other team may back off from trying to foul in that instance. As soon as Madison got it, it was guaranteed that SH would foul. And seeing that he was shooting less than 50% from the line ...

Maybe it never occurred to Buzz that they might foul Madison before anybody had a chance for a shot? And that's where we are folks.

...which is also completely inexcusable.

You have to get it in CJ's hand on that last play. For starters, he is the best FT shooter, if they do foul. Secondly, he is the one guy that is both savy enough to pull up for a shot as they try to foul him, and has the ability to launch a long three, meaning that the other team may back off from trying to foul in that instance. As soon as Madison got it, it was guaranteed that SH would foul. And seeing that he was shooting less than 50% from the line ...

I think the point is if Madison is on the court and he's a guard he may be forced to go get the ball. If CMM had been in even if he has to go get it (or for whatever reason he's drawn up to get the ball) things would be better off than if Madison had the ball.

Yup. We might as well have had Dwight Howard bring the ball up the court.

Back