• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The most perfect storm?

Holy shit. My cousin just posted this picture on facebook

sS14i.jpg

Partying now with DeacFan2009 in D.C. Got stuck here for the foreseeable future. Sandy so far is just a bunch of rain and some trees down... will see if the winds pick up overnight.

Well...my power is off. This should be fun with a two week old.

0oXcN.jpg

Apparently this is an actual photo from today.

God Bless America.

Cutting power in lower Manhattan... eerie looking.

khzndachj:iphone

NOOOOOO!
When did that happen? I haven't been there in 8 years. Used to work on Madison Ave across from the hospital.

Happened a few years ago - local authorities finally busted it on numerous prostitution/drug charges.

I work in the emergency room at the hospital. Did you work at 95 Madison? Walking through town over the last few hours and it's gotten considerably worse - lots of trees/power lines down. Surprised I still have power - looks like about 1/3 of the town is out of power. I think what saved us here in Northern NJ was the relatively minimal amount of rain we got up here. The shore is going to get pounded with surge, but I think inland will be just fine.

Worked at 55 Madison Ave. My favorite thing about Morristown is watching the seeing eye dogs train. Were they out today?

Didn't see them out today which is a rarity - probably didn't want to kill Spot with a falling tree. Even in snow storms though, you'll see them out with their little boots on.

... and huge blast of wind right there with loss of power for what looks like 90% of my apartment complex - still trucking along.

WTF my neighbor is outside with a chainsaw. You have 5 kids dude, what are you thinking?

Still calm in D.C. We've settled into watching a movie, but I think the worst is over here. Not quite a big enough storm to cause trouble far inland, but it looks like the storm surge caused some serious problems for coastal towns.

Damnnn, down goes a tree. The wind is Florida State and the trees are Wake Forest.

Still calm in D.C. We've settled into watching a movie, but I think the worst is over here. Not quite a big enough storm to cause trouble far inland, but it looks like the storm surge caused some serious problems for coastal towns.

it seems to me like we're having some of our biggest wind gusts now

Back