• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The most pressing needs for BB&T field

Reading this, it's hard to believe Bridger was completed in 1998...it seems like it was outdated (at least from a locker room size perspective) almost as soon as it was built).

I remember so well the old field, that the current fieldhouse still seems new to me. It looks great from the outside and ties in perfectly to the stadium, but a bigger Deacon shop would be cool and upgraded locker rooms I've always heard was a need.

When they renovate Bridger, the should try and make the museum/trophy cases more accessible. I wonder how many casual fans even know that is up there. MAybe put it next to an expanded Deacon Shop.

- lets keep the harley davidson just for basketball
- can we please rush out of the gate after the away team comes out of the locker room!?
- fix up the east side (looks like a HS stadium)
- more banners that salute great seasons and great players

Disagree. The Deacon actually riding the Harley (as opposed to walking it across the court) is awesome.

football-priorities-and-phases.cfm

Like the addition of more restrooms for the exterior of Bridger and the party deck over the new home locker room on the west side....

Locker room renovations far and away. The last time I was in there, they were very basic and dated, even the home locker room. Stained wooden lockers with brass plaques detailing which players had worn which numbers over the years, and a couple that were retired. They also felt disconnected, so renovating and redesigning them would help. The plan is to eventually move the WF locker room to where the current visitor locker room is now. I don't know who's bright idea it was back in the day for them to be flip flopped.

I don't think this will be changed. I have always thought or assumed the reasoning is so that the team can run across the field to their sideline. If they were to move the locker room to the side closest to the sideline, it's basically a stroll out of the gate to the sideline.

They are moving the home locker room and expanding the west side to house the entire team for coach talks. That's been in the plans since '05...

one word: dome

I always wanted a dome/retractable roof for the entire campus. How awesome would it be if in the winter it was a climate contolled 70 degrees on your way to class.

Its been a long time, but I seem to remember that when Groves first opened our bench was on the East side for a year or maybe two.

We need to add more 4 and 5 star players wearing old gold and black to the stadium.

I don't think this will be changed. I have always thought or assumed the reasoning is so that the team can run across the field to their sideline. If they were to move the locker room to the side closest to the sideline, it's basically a stroll out of the gate to the sideline.

Easy enough to just have the team run out to the center of the field during introductions. Having the locker room on your own side makes it much easier to run in/out of the locker during games for medical checks, etc.

They are moving the home locker room and expanding the west side to house the entire team for coach talks. That's been in the plans since '05...

Is the locker room split, so that Grobe has to give two seperate half-time speeches?

When they renovate Bridger, the should try and make the museum/trophy cases more accessible. I wonder how many casual fans even know that is up there. MAybe put it next to an expanded Deacon Shop.

This is a good call. With the gameday operations in the field side (trainers, media room, locker room, etc) and ticket operations on the parking lot side, there is not much room in the middle. I suppose you could take out the stairs, but then you couldn't accommodate foot traffic for those seats. I would imagine the Deacon Shop expansion goes out towards the East stands parallel to any locker room expansion.

Back