• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Muppets on ABC

I think expectations were way too high coming off a mediocre movie and a sequel nobody saw.

It was different. Not at all what I expected. That said, I love the Muppets and really enjoyed it.

However, I would much rather see a return to the old Muppet Show.

Yeah, I liked it too. Seems we are in the minority. I also liked the Ricki Lindhome cameo, and Imagine Dragons really really suck.

Last edited:
I think expectations were way too high coming off a mediocre movie and a sequel nobody saw.

I disagree with you here. I thought The Muppets was very well done, and while it was different, it was a smart way to modernize the franchise and played into the very meta nature of the Muppets. Muppets Most Wanted was pretty good, but was much like The Great Muppet Caper to me. I think expectations are always high for Muppet TV shows, because when the Muppets are handled right, they are fantastic. I was certainly excited for Muppets Tonight, but that didn't really work either.

The Muppets is 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. I concede. #defeated

The Muppets is 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. I concede. #defeated

I really liked the movie The Muppets- and it showed how good the TV show could have been and could still be. But the first episode was horrible.

Tonight's episode was much better. Lots of good gags. Miss Piggy was a lot better. The interview scene was hilarious.

The bear selling cookies subplot made me laugh every time. I don't know why, but I found that very funny. That and the "throw everything we have at Keanu" gag got laughs.

The cookies stuff was great. I didn't like that they went to the well again with the band and legal marijuana and a tired weed hunger joke. The Prius line was gold though.

Back