• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Night Of on HBO

I don't follow. I know that we in NC do a jail share where if you are a misdemeanant then you can be sent to another jail if there is no room in your local jail, but I am not sure what you are referring to.

The NCDOC pays local county jails to house inmates who have been sentenced and would otherwise be serving time in state prison.

Riker's is a shit show. Corrections officers have been arrested in the last few months for beatings, deaths, etc.. It is so bad I think official heads will roll. And I have to be honest, I have hardly followed it as it is not really in my direct sight line nor do I expect it to be.

I got the feeling that Omar had them set the bed on fire to initiate the protection. Maybe he assumes he has cash he can get inside???

The NCDOC pays local county jails to house inmates who have been sentenced and would otherwise be serving time in state prison.

Thanks. I did not know that. Sucks for those inmates because county jails are 100x worse than DOC.

The cat is going to be the key to the case.
Especially that video he made. And it's why John Turturro will remain relevant even as the more powerful attorney lady takes over.

I still think we'll need more proof but the cat being let outside and that door not being locked will probably be the smoking gun that uncovers a lot of the mystery.

The cat is definitely involved. He has 10 days now to figure out what that is.

Omar definitely is going to enlist Naz in some extra curricular activities, but maybe not until he gets out of prison. Could lead to a crazy twist at the end, if he's freed and we all think everything is in clear.

I agree that the story is a little slow, but so are most great shows at the beginning. The actors are all tremendous.

plama said it best, nothing happens and it's riveting

Still a good show, but the fact that it is moving so slowly and is only 8 episodes means we're gonna need to pick things up a bit.

There is definitely a difference between what the show is and what I want the show to be, but it is definitely well done and I'll be around for the whole thing.

*FWIW, I was hoping it'd have more of the tone of True Detective Season 1, minus the supernatural stuff and disappointing (to some) ending.

Was there really suernatural stuff in true detective?

Debatable as to whether there really was, but it was certainly a part of the show (Carcosa/Yellow King/etc). I just meant that I don't expect The Night Of to work that type of stuff into the tone.

I loved True Detective... That first season was lightning in a bottle.

Debatable as to whether there really was, but it was certainly a part of the show (Carcosa/Yellow King/etc). I just meant that I don't expect The Night Of to work that type of stuff into the tone.

I loved True Detective... That first season was lightning in a bottle.

Me too. First season was my favorite season of any show ever.

Back