• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2011 Chicago Cubs Thread

Mamol is pulled - thank you Quade. Marshall has to come finish out the game. Dempster pitched a beauty and Marmol tried to blow it again. Walked the 1st batter, got a pop-up, gave up a single, but the runner was out advancing to 2nd - gives up another single to score a run.

Marshall comes in and strikes out one of their better hitters to end the game.

As Booby Miles said, you want to win, put Marshall in

Dempster just made a filthy catch to keep a line drive from drilling him. down 3-2 in the 5th inning to the Brew Crew. Trying to build on our first three game winning streak of the year with a fourth win, but on the beginning of a 10 game road trip.

Yeah you're right. He's hitting .299 with 19 homers. Where have I been.

Is it just horrendous pitching? I honestly stopped watching, except for tonight, in mid-May.

Yeah it's pretty much pitching. Our relief has been horrendous and we have gotten hits but not in a timely manner. Pitching is mainly to blame.

I just heard that the Cubs and Old Style were ending their 61 year partnership after the season. Any Chicago posters that can confirm or deny this hopefully scurrilous rumor?

I just heard that the Cubs and Old Style were ending their 61 year partnership after the season. Any Chicago posters that can confirm or deny this hopefully scurrilous rumor?

Its true, rumor is Old Style pulled out to focus money elsewhere. Word is it will be replaced by Coors -- YAY :koolaid:

Goose Island is good--that has become my pre-game location of choice at Wrigley.

Old Style is definitely swill, but they've been serving it at Wrigley for 61 years. If I'd have known that the last one I had there in May was really going to be the LAST one, I'd have savored it a little more.

Goose Island is good--that has become my pre-game location of choice at Wrigley.

Old Style is definitely swill, but they've been serving it at Wrigley for 61 years. If I'd have known that the last one I had there in May was really going to be the LAST one, I'd have savored it a little more.

Glad that I got to experience an old style at Wrigley for my first visit.

However, we went to Goose Island down the street, and that ish is awesome.

Couldn't find another thread to bump up (I'm awful at the search function) but figured this was better than starting a new thread unless people wanted to for the new season.

Going to be an interesting season with a ton of young guys out here. Lester had an okay start yesterday but I was generally happy with the bullpen's performance. Our bats were quiet all game which was a little troubling but it's only game one. Soler was brutal out in right field and looked almost completely lost out there. I thought it was a nice touch to have Ernie's kids sings the song yesterday and having the Banks' covers over the bleachers while they're finishing the construction up looked nice.

Today's an off day and Arrieta gets the ball tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see if we still go with the pitcher in the 8th spot which essentially puts Rizzo in the cleanup spot after the first time through the order.

Back