• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

Dunno, I guess either they're not sure they want to give Cano the money he's looking for, or they are abandoning the goal to get under the luxury tax. So probably the latter. (They may be playing hardball a bit with Cano because they know his options are limited if he wants a big money contract.)

All they have to do is sit on Cano. He keeps asking for that crazy number, and teams go elsewhere. Finally, he is one of the last FA left and he comes crawling with his tail between his legs to the Yankees. They sign him to the number they wanted all along.

All they have to do is sit on Cano. He keeps asking for that crazy number, and teams go elsewhere. Finally, he is one of the last FA left and he comes crawling with his tail between his legs to the Yankees. They sign him to the number they wanted all along.

don't see it. premium fas always get paid. lots of guys get signed late. boras always wants to sign last, thinks demand is higher than supply. fielder signed jan 26.

That's informative. Or it's just basic Redsox homer internet bullshit.

Matt Harvey, David Wright and other New York Mets sing in cringeworthy holiday video

5. Travis d'Arnaud is dead inside
He may have been steering the reindeer that ran over Grandma.

travisda112513.jpg

MLBTR reporting that Beltran is the Yanks top priority right now. Could just be a negotiating tactic, but either they plan to give the middle finger to Cano, blow through the lux tax cap, or hope Cano comes crawling back begging for forgiveness. Which is essentially what avalon said, but just more supporting evidence now.

The Hal of Fame ballot is out and is absolutely loaded this year:

Jeff Bagwell
Craig Biggio
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Tom Glavine
Greg Maddux
Mark McGwire
Mike Mussina
Mike Piazza
Tim Raines
Curt Schilling
Frank Thomas
Alan Trammell
Jeff Kent
Edgar Martinez
Rafael Palmeiro
Sammy Sosa
Larry Walker

Because the ballot is so loaded, Jeff Kent might not make the cutoff to stay on the ballot. I think Kent's a close call, but with so many guys who are more worthy, he might not get 5%.

david murphy signing makes ddj's contract look better. not sure how i feel about molina. i was hoping for hannigan, but maybe this means the rays have faith in jose lobaton (or at least more than i do).

Surprised there hasn't been a little bit more of a market for Salty. I know the Red Sox soured on him in the playoffs, but he's been an above average offensive catcher the last two years, his defense is ok, and supposedly he's a decent game caller, etc. I think his offensive problems in the postseason this year had a lot to do with wearing down, cause he had to play a ton of games in the dog days when Ross was injured.

@ChrisCotillo: Source: #Nationals acquire Doug Fister from #Tigers.

Storen? Lombo + ??? Hmm.

MLBTR says the yanks won't go over $200 million. They're standing pat at $160 with no more than $15 in increasing it.

Back