• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #dynasty vs. #destiny

How the fuck was he only at third after a ball to the wall and the booted transfer?

We talked about this in the bar. After Blanco misplayed it and it went to the wall, for any of five players in the line-up this would have been three bases.
Once Perez kicked it on the warning track, that would have been four, standing.
Gordon did not round first with any thought other than this might be a single. Once he rounded second pulling a wagon, there's no way you can send him to be the last out of the WS. I may have missed the booted transfer, but once he's stopped, you can't re-start him.

Since I was pulling for the Giants, I said "at least there are two outs". Some donk at the bar said "suicide squeeze".
My bartender, who was a catcher, whispered to me, "they're two outs, Perry."

Then we had a bit of a private laugh, understanding that this is the type of ignorance with which we constantly have to deal. It's good.

Last edited:
Is Hunter Pence the first person with assburgers to win two WS rings?[/QUOT
Nah, Pete Rose hooked him up with his old-time greenie connection. Hence, the wild eyes and the agitated stance.
This is amphetamines. When you see him smoking in the tunnel, that will be the dead giveaway.

:heart: Madison Bumgarner :heart:

Awesome that the World Series MVP got to throw the final pitch.

DYANSTY_newspaper_V1_grande.jpg

It looks like he's comforting Buster.

And he is obviously taller. We were laughing about how Posey was basically standing to receive the high fastballs to Perez.
I wondered aloud what it would look like with Carlos Ruiz behind the plate. Would he hold his mitt over his head?

I can't find the plot on Brooks Baseball right now, but the strikezone map of the final at bat is hilarious. No pitch was anywhere close to the strikezone.

Nothing drives me insane more than batters chasing garbage like that. I get that it's tough to lay off. But swinging at that crap makes you an automatic out.

We talked about this in the bar. After Blanco misplayed it and it went to the wall, for any of five players in the line-up this would have been three bases.
Once Perez kicked it on the warning track, that would have been four, standing.
Gordon did not round first with any thought other than this might be a single. Once he rounded second pulling a wagon, there's no way you can send him to be the last out of the WS. I may have missed the booted transfer, but once he's stopped, you can't re-start him.

Since I was pulling for the Giants, I said "at least there are two outs". Some donk at the bar said "suicide squeeze".
My bartender, who was a catcher, whispered to me, "they're two outs, Perry."

Then we had a bit of a private laugh, understanding that this is the type of ignorance with which we constantly have to deal. It's good.

When did you change your name?

Back