• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #dynasty vs. #destiny

Decided to party instead of watching beisbol and rays 1 hit A's but lose 3 2.

Dudes I had this CRAZY dream last night that josh Donaldson was on the reds and KILLED a guy on the cubs (his name was tarrant or something, I think I made him up) in a brawl because he ended up attacking him with a huge thing of sandpaper be was keeping in his back pocket. The MlB immediately suspended him for one game while deciding on further punishment to show how serious the offense was.

Pretty messed up brain I have. How did josh Donaldson make it to the reds?

Also Miguel olivo bit off part of his teammates ear to the point he's gonna miss a month, but that actually
Happened.

Dudes I had this CRAZY dream last night that josh Donaldson was on the reds and KILLED a guy on the cubs (his name was tarrant or something, I think I made him up) in a brawl because he ended up attacking him with a huge thing of sandpaper be was keeping in his back pocket. The MlB immediately suspended him for one game while deciding on further punishment to show how serious the offense was.

Thats LOLdumb - the ghost of Carlos Zambrano would have killed everyone on the Reds.

zambrano-breaks-campana-300x287.jpg

Greatest two weeks in Cleveland Sports since... the Browns won it all in 1964?

Browns get Johnny Football and a free 1st round pick next year.
Cavs get the #1 overall NBA pick despite having < 2% chance of winning it.
Indians sweep their division rival, Tigers, who happened to have the best record in baseball before the series.

lol cleveland

I was at Fenway for my only planned SAWX game of the year last night. Buchholz was getting hit so hard; just about everything was a hard line drive. :(

Xander is such a goddamn boss, though.

I like that they only immediately suspended him for one game.

Buttholz and Doubront being terrible is probably the biggest reason the sawx suck this season.

Who will be the next MLB commissioner?

Sports Illustrated suggested this month that high-profile possibilities like Joe Torre, Bob Costas, George F. Will and Dick Ebersol are unrealistic because of their age or lack of interest in the gig. Other potential candidates include MLB execs such as COO Rob Manfred as well as Dodgers owner Stan Kasten and Phillies GM Rubén Amaro Jr.

pure schadenfreude and hindsight, but the two dombrowski moves we all said WTF to in the offseason have worked out fairly well so far for the Tigs

I like that they only immediately suspended him for one game.

RIGHT? and then the taking heads were talking about how they expect a one month suspension. My dream self was ENRAGED. Prob doesn't reflect well on my subconscious. I can't believe i remember the dream so well (I'm still omitting a lot).

RIGHT? and then the taking heads were talking about how they expect a one month suspension. My dream self was ENRAGED. Prob doesn't reflect well on my subconscious. I can't believe i remember the dream so well (I'm still omitting a lot).

Wouldn't that be a kick in the head - for a Reds player to commit that type of career ending violence against another player.

Back