• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

How do you look up pitchFx for single pitches? Verlander just had a ball called that I've never seen one more down the pipe. Fast ball middle middle called a ball instead of strike three out three. Next pitch clocked for a triple.

I don't how do it live, but after the game you can go to brooksbaseball.net, click "Pitchf/x Tool" at the top, and pick date, game, and pitcher from the drop boxes. That will take you to his game log, where there are more drop boxes on the left that let you narrow down by inning and hitter to get to the specific at bat.

Jerad Eickhoff, who was part of the Hamels trade, is making his major league debut tonight. He hit a two-run single on his second professional plate appearance.

Also, I watched Utley's first Dodgers at bat. It was weird.

Sports Illustrated jinx coming. Heyward & Cards on cover of SI this week. Great article though.

Fiers is tossing a no-no thru 7 which makes sense because I didn't start him, thinking the Dodgers would kill him oh whale.

So when I played baseball, every time I slid I would tear the shit outta my leg up, but I imagine that has to do in part with some not super high quality dirt we were using. Are the pros playing on soft as shit dirt or something?

So when I played baseball, every time I slid I would tear the shit outta my leg up, but I imagine that has to do in part with some not super high quality dirt we were using. Are the pros playing on soft as shit dirt or something?

Yes. Have you ever seen how a ground crew treats the clay on a MLB field?

Still can't believe that no-hitter. Fiers had thrown 73 pitches through the first 4 innings, and looked totally average doing it. Then he threw it into another gear and struck out 5 of 6 in the 7th and 8th.

Evan Gattis is hella entertaining to watch try and murder the ball every pitch

I obviously jinxed the O's. They are getting ready to swept at home by the Twins. At least the offseason will be interesting.

MY ASTROS. Mike Fiers no-hitter on Friday. Beat Greinke and Kershaw on Saturday and Sunday. Sweeping the BIG MONEY Dodgers.

Freaking Bumgarmer hit another one out.

The amazing thing about these Bumgarner dingers is that they look so natural. Most pitchers are big dudes anyway, so it's not surprising that they look capable of hitting one out. But usually they're about as coordinated as baby giraffes when they step into the batters box. Bumgarner looks physically like a corner outfielder/first baseman and looks passably comfortable at the plate. Crazy athleticism in the unique baseball sense of athleticism.

Brooks Kieschnick 2.0!

Pirates have a better out-of-division winning percentage than the 116-win 2001 Mariners did

Pirates have a better out-of-division winning percentage than the 116-win 2001 Mariners did

They're an incredible 19-4 vs. the NL West. And they have 6 left vs. Colorado so I think they haven't even played them yet.

21-29 against the NL Central though, while the Cards are 32-18

Back