• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official LOL Harry Giles thread

Duke would have retired CP’s number. Not right away, but they would have. It’s crazy to me that just like people who thought he “wasn’t ready”, our fanbase still doesn’t seem to appreciate just how good he is at basketball.

he might be the best PG ever

ACC ROY and Consensus 1st Team All-American as a sophomore wouldn't be a blip?

fuck outta here

Duke has had 14 different players win ACC POY 16 times - CP did not.
Duke has had at least 10 ACC rookies of the year.
Duke has had more than 20 consensus first team AA selections.

So, yeah, not much more than a blip.

Because we have a miserable fucking fanbase.

Why does having a high bar for jersey retirement make me a miserable fan? I am a great fan. I am generally positive and I have stayed with the program through thick and thin. Feel free to disagree with me if you like but don't make out like my opinion makes me a bad fan.

CP is the only reason I watch the NBA now that Timmy is done.

scooter turning into BKF before our very eyes

Why do y'all have to make it personal? I happen to think jersey retirement should be very rare and that it should be based solely on accomplishments while at the school. Feel free to disagree but I don't think that opinion is that outrageous.

Duke has had 14 different players win ACC POY 16 times - CP did not.
Duke has had at least 10 ACC rookies of the year.
Duke has had more than 20 consensus first team AA selections.

So, yeah, not much more than a blip.

Duke has three guys that won ACC ROY and were consensus first-team AA

Like I said, the HOF criteria is dumb - go look at some of the players on the list.

He was National Frosh of the year, First Team All-ACC, First Team All America.

That's great for two years. It would have made no sense for him to return. He did the right thing.

Your high bar would exclude most of the numbers in the rafters not #3 though.

CP came behind Childress, Duncan, and Howard, guys who won in four years. He didn’t live up to that legacy and the program fell apart after he left.

Also, he’s the type of player you’d hate if he’s not on your team.

How was the program after Duncan? Also, Childress fits the criteria of a guy you would hate.

How was the program after Duncan? Also, Childress fits the criteria of a guy you would hate.

Chill and CP both had that chippy edge that opposing fans hate - but you love to have them on your side.

I don't think any Deacon fans hate CP, subtly or otherwise - you guys make that stuff up.

Back