• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

And, contrary to Gorsuch’s repeated claims that Kennedy only wanted to offer a “short, private, personal prayer,” Kennedy was surrounded by players, reporters, and members of the public when he conducted his prayer session after that game. We know this because Justice Sonia Sotomayor includes a picture of the scene in her dissenting opinion.

Who was it that claimed that conservative judges couldn't be activist?

Few things surprise me about conservatives, but that Scalia bit is not just tone deaf, it's flat out stupid. It seems like he's not trying to assert a Christian dominion opinion. He's too dumb to understand that a cross is a religious symbol.

Well, they’re quite comfortable with the most consistent characteristic of modern American conservatives…dishonesty.

I believe he’s exclusively a pit poster now, trying to whitewash his past.

This may well end up being one of the most activist Supreme Courts in history, if by activism one means rolling back numerous prior landmark decisions and making sweeping, purely partisan decisions. They're not conservative, they're the definition of reactionary - rolling back the clock in many different areas of American life.

I believe he’s exclusively a pit poster now, trying to whitewash his past.

WakeBored’s Pit posts mostly about music and occasionally about other topics is in line with historical practices and understandings.

I support WakeBored's first amendment rights on this message bored.

This may well end up being one of the most activist Supreme Courts in history, if by activism one means rolling back numerous prior landmark decisions and making sweeping, purely partisan decisions. They're not conservative, they're the definition of reactionary - rolling back the clock in many different areas of American life.

End up? Are they not already there?

JuneBored and that Wormtongued little ginger fobbit jhmd are absolute fucking cowards for abandoning this thread.

JuneBored and that Wormtongued little ginger fobbit jhmd are absolute fucking cowards for abandoning this thread.

They won. They got what they wanted. They're not being sore winners and rubbing it in our faces.

Justice Breyer retiring at noon tomorrow.

Ted Cruz. Thats who I got as the first of these Craven whores to claim we shouldn't have a vote on a replacement during an election year with a split Senate.

Ted Cruz. Thats who I got as the first of these Craven whores to claim we shouldn't have a vote on a replacement during an election year with a split Senate.

We already went through this in an election year with a split Senate.

Back