• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

Yeah I think colleges will just stop broadcasting if race plays a factor. I mean the entire selection process is vague at large anyways.
Both major decisions today open up vast amounts of litigation opportunities for white Christians to sue their way into getting what they want.

Both major decisions today open up vast amounts of litigation opportunities for white Christians to sue their way into getting what they want.
Or use the threat of suing to get what they want. Entitled conservative white busybodies win again.

The Mysterious Case of the Fake Gay Marriage Website, the Real Straight Man, and the Supreme Court

“I wouldn’t want anybody to … make me a wedding website?” he continued, sounding a bit puzzled but good-natured about the whole thing. “I’m married, I have a child—I’m not really sure where that came from? But somebody’s using false information in a Supreme Court filing document.”

“I’m not really sure where that came from,” he told me of the mysterious 2016 inquiry that used his name, email address, and cell phone number to request a wedding website for a same-sex marriage nearly a decade after he married a woman. He is a designer himself, something of a known quantity in design circles—he’s spoken at conferences and on podcasts, and has a “decent Twitter following,” he said. The design world is small. But not small enough, he said, that he had heard of Lorie Smith—not until her case was already before the Supreme Court, and the design community began discussing its potential fallout.

It didn’t make sense to him, he told me later via text message. Why would a web designer—as the website the inquiry referenced as his own made clear that he was—living in San Francisco, seek to hire someone in another state who has never built a wedding website, let alone a website for a same-sex wedding, to build his wedding website?

Nina Totenberg explained that the military exemption was because the military needs a diverse officer corps over the rank and file.

So yeah, that argument makes no sense compared to the rest of society that also puts people with more education in charge of people with less education.

Judges and justices find a way to get to the outcome they want regardless of what the facts/ laws/ precedents/ constitution say

Admissions committees will find a way to get to the outcomes they want regardless of what judges and justices say

Judges and justices find a way to get to the outcome they want regardless of what the facts/ laws/ precedents/ constitution say

Admissions committees will find a way to get to the outcomes they want regardless of what judges and justices say
Yeah. I asked a friend who is a lawyer and professor about this and he said, "universities that are committed to diversity will find a workaround by tomorrow afternoon lol."

Nina Totenberg explained that the military exemption was because the military needs a diverse officer corps over the rank and file.

So yeah, that argument makes no sense compared to the rest of society that also puts people with more education in charge of people with less education.

It must be nice being part of a group favored by the corrupt right wing justices.

Yeah. I asked a friend who is a lawyer and professor about this and he said, "universities that are committed to diversity will find a workaround by tomorrow afternoon lol."

Postings today from WFU president and medical school dean suggest they are so committed and have already been preparing a plan for this anticipated possible outcome.

Why would you want a conservative Christian bigot to do anything creative for you? They probably suck at it

so can restaurants refuse to seat Black people or businesses refuse to hire Asians if it "disagrees" with their beliefs?

Unanimous decision in favor of Dept. of Education in the case v. Brown. Alito wrote the opinion. No standing.

The term “forcing” in this case doing a lot of work as there has never been a same sex couple (as pointed out by several articles this week) who sought to have the baker perform work. How this case got to SCOTUS is beyond me. There COULD be a case where this needed to be decided. This fact pattern doesn’t represent an actual dispute that exists

And on the second student loan case Roberts writes the opinion. Rules 6-3 in favor of Missouri. Overruling student debt relief given by Biden admin.

Back