• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

Your reading comprehension is on par with pops.
Nobody, including Ph, said that. But, republicans and blue lifers sure to find it easy to justify killing “others”.

In terms of specific numbers, I guess we will have to wait for the specifics of Trumps unbelievable healthcare plan, the likes of which you have never seen before. We should get his plan any day, right?

He just did.

That’s like the shock when I posted that there is a segment of the population that would be perfectly happy enslaving black people again. Like they are marching for white supremacy so we don’t have to share a water fountain and it can stop there. The Republican Party has cultivated a group of people that are the lowest rung of the ladder. The nazis, the white supremacists, those people don’t just exist as the weekend cosplay warriors, that is who they are, and without them the republicans lose elections.

Are you also on board that the Republican plan is to kill opposition voters en masse?

center, why don't you think Republicans support killing protesters? Where's your evidence?

Ph can speak for himself but it’s funny that instead of outrage directed towards republicans and their supporters who do things like block polling locations, and support/make excuses for mass murders like Rittenhouse you are here to dissect something Ph said until you can dismiss the underlying root of why he said what he said which is clearly fucking hyperbole. Do some percentage of republicans have a blood lust of hate and violence, yeah clearly because they are carrying out acts of violence, is it possible that percentage increases because of republican leadership flaming it, especially after an election loss, absolutely.

It's funny to you? This shit fuels BLM. If a right wing poster engaged in hyperbole, I doubt you'd be as forgiving.

In response to LG jr

That is a very common pub strategy these days. Feign outrage at some irrelevant or peripheral issue to avoid acknowledging the real issue, or accountability that comes with that.

They are shit humans who are too cowardly and dishonest to even stand up and defend their shittiness. It was amazing watching assholes say they just can't get behind taking a knee. "I don't kneel for any man. I only kneel for Jesus". Like it isn't already very common to take a knee on a playing field when a teammate is injured (or even a player from the opposing team), with no one being upset by that. Or that dudes get on one knee to propose to another person, but no one is appalled by that. They are too chickshit to just say, I don't support black lives and support that position. It has to be about taking a fucking knee.

Kill 60 plus million, you are insane. This is beyond the pale of conspiracy theories. It is also hate speech claiming genocidal positions of your opposition.

You seem pretty dug in here. I'm asking honestly, can you show where Ph said the republicans intend to kill 60+ million? I didn't see it.

He wrote what he wrote. I don't give a shit about uniformed or informed athletes kneeling.

It's funny to you? This shit fuels BLM. If a right wing poster engaged in hyperbole, I doubt you'd be as forgiving.

That's the thing you don't realize. Right wingers aren't engaging in hyperbole. They're not just talking about running over protesters. They're making it legal to do so. They already support police killing people in their homes and we know police are targeting people who participate in protests.

center, you can just answer my question. What's your evidence? I'm putting mine out there. I've been saying for years that Republicans have no values except for power and people like you said I was being hyperbolic. Now they agree. I could link to any number of right-wing websites full of people fantasizing about a getting their guns ready for a civil war. We have a history in this country of angry white mobs targeted their opposition when things don't go their way.

Anyway, let's get back to talking about the Supreme Court. Here's a good speech from Amy Klobuchar. The whole thing is good, but if you don't want to watch that, skip to the last minute starting at 6:00. She is talking about the Republicans pushing for a SCOTUS nominee in contrast to sitting on the CARES Act. She sums up what I think should be the messaging from the Democrats when she says the process puts "her before us" meaning Barrett and the GOP's naked political ambitions before the needs of the American people.

Didn't misread shit. Can't prove a negative.

Can't wait for Biden so these far left fantasies meet reality.

Didn't misread shit. Can't prove a negative.

Can't wait for Biden so these far left fantasies meet reality.

You refuse to acknowledge that Republican politicians are encouraging violent fringe conservatives. Republicans are encouraging white supremacist militia (gangs) like Patriot Prayer, The Proud Boys, and 3%ers. Republicans are lionizing Kyle Rittenhouse, just like they lionized George Zimmerman, and nearly every police officer who infamously kills a black person. Republicans write laws to suppress and curtail liberal protests, while encouraging people to literally run over protesters with their cars - all the while right wing militants can have standoffs with the FBI, or conduct armed takeovers of government buildings without resistance.

Politically and culturally you support a different set of rules for aggressive militant white Republicans than for their Democratic minority counterparts.

“Well, white militants aren’t destroying any major cities and killing police officers!” Of course they aren’t, because they aren’t protesting the government, they’re trying to intimidate and kill black people, while law enforcement and Republican Government is helping them do it!

Really, I'm quite libertarian. My pro bono is usually death penalty or youth felonies. But I also do first Amendment cases and booze work.

So, no, not at all.

Good on you for pro-bono work, still irrelevant to my post. If you’re supporting Republican politicians and their anti-BLM, anti-ANTIFA rhetoric right now, claiming that their motivations are hyperbolic and conspiracy theory (as I explained they are very real) then you’re supporting exactly what I said you were.

Well, I'm an anti-Trumper and opposed troops into my state, so I'm going to disagree with you there again.

“Can’t prove a negative” is lazy. Just find Republicans who aren’t doing what MDMH and I are describing. The mainstream Republican stance is pro-violence with little to no regard for human life. That’s why 200K dead from COVID-19 is no big deal and grounds for re-election.

Disregard for covid victims and spread of virus.
Refusal to pass more aid for needy Americans during a pandemic
Support for taking people's health insurance and cutting or eliminating Medicare, social security, and Medicaid
Celebrating Rittenhouse the mass shooter
Desantis legalizing running over demonstrators with a motor vehicle
Police collaborating with right wing militias and violently clearing protesters for a photo op with a Bible

Party of the people! Republicans really care about the average Joe.

Back