• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

I'd like a 27 year old law school grad as the new pick, please.

Confirming Justin Walker proved qualifications don't matter anymore.

It should be fun to see how McConnell spins this.

"With the President's current approval rating and an upcoming midterm election where the people of the United States deserve to have a say, I think it is irresponsible and a clear abuse of power for the President to nominate and for the Senate to hold hearings on a nominee."

And conservative posters here will lap it up.

According to UNC—you know, the party who adopted the policy—that is not the goal of the policy. The goal of the policy is to better educate students through exposure to a diverse student body. I’ve posted this 3 times now. Why is this so difficult to understand?

That sounds like a problem with UNC then and the way they interpret and apply the law, not with congress’ law.

Looking forward to the media's (along with the forensic experts on the Tunnels) deep dive into the nominee's high school yearbook and behavior at college parties

Supreme Court Justice Hillary Clinton, girlboss levels would be off the fucking charts

If its not Ketanji Brown Jackson, that will be huge surprise...

She has to be the nominee. I don't see Manchin or Sinema objecting to her. With no hope of stopping her, Mitch will use her nomination hearings to score some points for the mid-terms, but ultimately say he's OK with her.

Or am I dreaming?

You're dreaming. It's a midterm year. The Republican base will expect Republican politicians to pushback heavily against a nominee, especially a Black woman. Expect Republicans, especially those in primaries, to engage in a race to the bottom talking about this nominee.

Now McConnell may start collegial, because Republicans already have a large margin. Giving the left one replacement won't hurt them. But there will be plenty of pressure from the base to resist.

Back