• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

If the nominee is one of the 3 names being batted around the most, I’ll be somewhat surprised if Collins and Murkowski aren’t yes R votes (though I’d guess that Wicker doesn’t really consider them Rs).

Good grief that is outrageously racist. You don't even know who the candidate is and you already threw the affirmative action card?

Good grief that is outrageously racist. You don't even know who the candidate is and you already threw the affirmative action card?

It’s almost like the “affirmative action card” is racist. It’s just a way for them to say Black people don’t belong in their institutions, even the ones who play by their rules and meet their “qualifications.”

Kavanaugh was not on trial, he was being nominated for a lifetime job, the highest in his field. He had everything to gain from lying, his accuser absolutely nothing to gain. It was all up Republican senators to go ahead and confirm him, or pass on him for another conservative justice. In an act of fealty to a lowbrow TV show host, they confirmed him. Angus you are such a gullible lemming. Get your head out of your ass kid

This.

You’re gonna want to sit down to hear this, but Susan Collins is troubled about Biden saying he’d pick a Black woman.

You’re gonna want to sit down to hear this, but Susan Collins is troubled about Biden saying he’d pick a Black woman.

Yeah, I saw that too. This morning on ABC's This Week she accused Biden of "politicizing" the Court, and said that his promise to add a black woman just "adds to the further perception that the court is a political institution like congress when it is not supposed to be." That's beyond rich. She's just horrible, no two ways about it.

What's sad is that it's hard to tell in his case whether he's joking or serious. Or whether he even realizes that you can't add two people to one Supreme Court seat. At least he's got some more bushes and trees in western NC he can beat up.

Yeah, I saw that too. This morning on ABC's This Week she accused Biden of "politicizing" the Court, and said that his promise to add a black woman just "adds to the further perception that the court is a political institution like congress when it is not supposed to be." That's beyond rich. She's just horrible, no two ways about it.

Her Blackness and/or gender is politicizing the court. White men's race and/or gender do not politicize the court.

Her Blackness and/or gender is politicizing the court. White men's race and/or gender do not politicize the court.

They see white as the canvas and the rest of us are daring to paint on it.

Like I said on the political chat thread, this will be a case study for why we need affirmative action. Shitty white people will not recognize the qualifications of Black people without being heavily encouraged to do so.

Last edited:
Susan Collins probably isn’t even concerned.

Back