• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Nice top man. Reminds of this sweet Deacon sleeveless t-shirt I had back in the day. It was grey and had an enormous old school Deacon head that took up 2/3 of the front of the shirt. Wish I could find that thing.

sweet top! i too made my own WF tops for the first few NYC marathons i ran...totally ghetto printed out "wake forest" iron-ons placed on some white asics singlets and tees. luckily, there are some dri-fit options on the deaconshop site but nothing in the true singlet/wifebeater range....

yeah, i need to figure out what i'm going to wear for PDX. would love to rep WFU, but I may just rep north carolina in general.

i need to download myfitnesspal. i would love to see what it would say about me last night, in which i consumed a pizza. not just 'pizza', but 'a pizza'.

yeah, i need to figure out what i'm going to wear for PDX. would love to rep WFU, but I may just rep north carolina in general.

i need to download myfitnesspal. i would love to see what it would say about me last night, in which i consumed a pizza. not just 'pizza', but 'a pizza'.

That is somewhere in the 1-2k calorie range depending on size and toppings. You are a tiny person, IIRC, so that meal alone probably put you over your suggested caloric intake for the day.

That is somewhere in the 1-2k calorie range depending on size and toppings. You are a tiny person, IIRC, so that meal alone probably put you over your suggested caloric intake for the day.

oh, most definitely. it was a thin crust margherita so definitely not as bad as it could have been, but it was easily 2000 calories and enough sodium to last a week.
i think my recommended for size, etc, is like 1400 cal/day.

All this talk of MyFitnessPal got me to look at my setting. Turns out my original goal was to get down to 175 lbs. (started at 196) which I weighed in this morning! So I reset it for 165 (why not?) and now I get to eat 1510 net calories/day. Which is plenty on days when I exercise.

Mine is 1750 calories a day if I want to lose 7 lbs to get to 160. I'm so happy I run because that gives me an extra 500-2000 calories on any given day :rofl:

I'm at 2050 per day shedding 2lbs per week. It will probably drop a little more when I shed some more weight. I am averaging about 700 calories burning on my runs (MWF), so I am usually way under on those days.

I definitely need up my weightloss goal and decrease my cals/day. I think right now it says I can do 1540 which is basically just my normal eating habits.

I want to drop about 10 lbs before I do a marathon in the fall. I'm at an average weight for my height, but I've got a bad knee and I want it to carry a little lighter load for 26.2. I'll have to look in to this my fitness pal.

Just got a Wake Under Armour shirt from the mall deacon shop...next time I race I will definitely have to have some Deacon power going on.

Yo, anybody know a good field/track in Charlotte with stadium stairs around it? I've been working on the road a good bit and the football field/track I'm running on has a little stadium, and running laps incorporating those stairs is the shit. I used to do this a lot but not in Charlotte. So, where can I go? Myers park high track is always locked, AG doesn't have stairs, uncc is too far. Anywhere else close by? Does memorial stadium have a track around it? If so, would it be open to the public?

Dang man. No love yet. You distance noobs need to learn how to get a good workout in. Or at least explore the inclining city a bit more.

Yeah my suggestion would be Memorial Stadium. I lived right around the corner a couple years ago and I saw random people running on the track all the time.

Yo, anybody know a good field/track in Charlotte with stadium stairs around it? I've been working on the road a good bit and the football field/track I'm running on has a little stadium, and running laps incorporating those stairs is the shit. I used to do this a lot but not in Charlotte. So, where can I go? Myers park high track is always locked, AG doesn't have stairs, uncc is too far. Anywhere else close by? Does memorial stadium have a track around it? If so, would it be open to the public?

the stairs at JCSU aren't actually open to the public, but there's a big hill on the far side of the track where lots of people do hill workouts. i think it would accomplish almost the same thing, if jcsu is convenient to you (plus the track itself is AWESOME. nicest public track in charlotte, IMO).

I just signed up for the half-marathon of the Mid-town race series in Raleigh - June 3. Looks like a good race and all, but, after signing up I read that they won't be giving out finisher medals. What? Why else do we run these things? Just kidding about that, sort of, but seriously... I like collecting medals for my half and full marathons. That is one way I keep up with the long races I have done. How do others feel about that? They have a no refund policy so I am stuck doing the race now but would otherwise consider dropping out... I know it sounds silly but we need some kind of reward to help motivate us to do these things, right?

Back