• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

so i missed friday and saturday of the trials, but caught last night, and am REALLY pumped for tonight. my high school teammate is competing in the 5000m. can't wait to watch.

first training run for MCM this morning. it was a nice enjoyable run in the rain. luckily i got it in before Debby decided to get pissed like she is now.

If any of y'all need me I'll be under the Ultimate Race Management tent all day #BigTymer

Anyone heard anything about Ultimate Runner Saturday? Temps over 100 and dew points in the 70's. Might have to give people some extra time between events or something?

Anyone heard anything about Ultimate Runner Saturday? Temps over 100 and dew points in the 70's. Might have to give people some extra time between events or something?

I doubt they will change anything, though I wouldn't mind some extra rest. I just don't think we'll be seeing records this year.

Yesterday on the TCTC facebook page, Keith Stone posted "Good news! Current forecast for Ultimate Saturday is only 97 degrees, down from the 100 that was forecast yesterday."

Right now weather.com predicts a high of 99 on Saturday. :noidea:

woo dang prepare for the heat! i'm actually looking forward to doing some runs in the HEAT this weekend to see how it goes. just remember, pain is weakness leaving the body.

slooooowwww 4 miles tonight. didnt feel good.

Just knocked out my first ever 5 am run. Not too terrible of a 5 miler. Week 3 of Marathon training complete (minus the cross which I'll try to do Saturday or Sunday). Had to adjust the schedule for Freedomfest! Here I come Austin.

with the impending 100 degree weather, i went ahead and got my long run for the week out of the way this morning. the weather was pretty mild for a late june day. it's really hard to believe that tomorrow it's going to hit 100.

I'm legitimately worried about Ultimate Runner given the start time and projected temps for the day.

Back