• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

I don't eat before a workday morning run unless I'm going to be running like 2 hours or more. weekends I usually eat something since I'm not in as much of a time crunch. usual run foods are banana, oatmeal with peanut butter, or toast with peanut butter. if I needed to eat closest to starting a run, I'd go with banana as it sits more nicely than the carbs.

Those of you who run first thing: do you eat something before and if so, what?

Not usually, but I'm not usually worried about bonking on a morning run. I reserve my runs of 8+ miles for the weekends whenever possible. It can actually be a good thing, IMO, to train with limited quick burn calories available if you're an endurance runner. If I do my weekend long runs early, I'll eat beforehand, but only easily digestible foods (i.e. the same foods I'd carry on a long run anyway).

Nope. Like others said, if there is a long run, then I'll take a few calories before, during, and after. Sometimes I eat a little something before track work because I bike to campus so there is plenty of time to digest it.

Never. Always drink about 8-12 oz water shortly before my run. Rarely run long distances though; longest is 8 miles.

If anything, I'll have a banana - but that's usually more because I'm hungry than it is because I need the energy.
If it's a long run on the weekend I'll have some peanut butter toast about an hour before I go.

Thanks all. Taking Friday off and figured I'd take my kid to school and hit the adjacent track. Sometimes when I run, I get really hungry (max is still 6mi), so I was curious. Figured I'd eat a banana at most, like leebs.

First 2 intervals sucked, but not so bad after that.

It's 8:30AM and guess who's in a 1500C deficit.

Time to refuel at The Biscuit Factory.

Anyone running in the new kinvaras? Or pure flows? I'd like to add another shoe to my rotation and I can't decide which of them I want to keep.

Anyone running in the new kinvaras? Or pure flows? I'd like to add another shoe to my rotation and I can't decide which of them I want to keep.

I'm in the Pure Flow 2's right now alternating with the Kinvara 4's.

They (Pure Flows) are alright. I hear the Kinvara 5's are f'ing awesome though.

Have done either since the original pure flows and kinvara 3. The new pure flows are heinous but they feel nice.

Have done either since the original pure flows and kinvara 3. The new pure flows are heinous but they feel nice.

the kinvara 4 is probably the low point of that line. I've been told that if you like the 3, you'll really like the 5

Yea, Brooks' design team didn't exactly bring it for this current iteration of the Pure line.

Seriously. Duke Blue, black/red, and Black were the best colors you could come up with?

Seriously. Duke Blue, black/red, and Black were the best colors you could come up with?

I think they're getting more conservative...

These are still my all-time favorite in terms of color.

lgV9Ybo.jpg

Back