• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Guys, it was an amazing day for a run. It was in the mid 60s when I got out this morning.

Guys, it was an amazing day for a run. It was in the mid 60s when I got out this morning.

Samesies. I have been the lamest runner since the Bug was born (not for lack of desire...but between nursing and dog + baby care...ugh). Anywho, I went running this morning for the first time in a long time and the weather was amazing.

zy3egatu.jpg

Wine coozie! What what?

Anyone here use any of the more basic Garmin's? My 305 may be donezo and not sure I'm ready to drop $400 on a nice upgrade yet.

I have a 210 that I love. Not sure what features I'd need in a nicer one.

well the 305, which wouldn't turn on this morning, turned on after trying again after work, trying to charge it and see what the deal is :noidea:

well the 305, which wouldn't turn on this morning, turned on after trying again after work, trying to charge it and see what the deal is :noidea:

When I first got my vivofit, my 210 would freeze, but a restart fixed it.

Garmin could also refurb it, I think I paid $70 or so for mine.

Had a great run at the Bear yesterday. Was hoping to run under 60 minutes and ended up crossing right at 56:00. It was a pretty difficult run and the last 2 miles are almost straight up, but running right through the Highland Games was pretty badass. I think we'll be back next year, especially since we can hit Mellow Mushroom up in Boone on the way home.

Had my first 2-a-day today for this cycle. Wanted to run the first 6 at dawn, so I could start the second around 10 (plan recommends at least a 3 hour gap). Got a little later start, and ended up starting my second 6 at noon. Holy fucking Christ it was hot. I did my second run at Salem Lake, and went out and back to the 3MM, of course avoiding the water fountain. Thought my heart was going to explode coming back up that hill just beyond the 1MM on the way back. Still feel like ass, and have to somehow get down a couple thousand calories at some point. Fuggin A, man.

Had my first 2-a-day today for this cycle. Wanted to run the first 6 at dawn, so I could start the second around 10 (plan recommends at least a 3 hour gap). Got a little later start, and ended up starting my second 6 at noon. Holy fucking Christ it was hot. I did my second run at Salem Lake, and went out and back to the 3MM, of course avoiding the water fountain. Thought my heart was going to explode coming back up that hill just beyond the 1MM on the way back. Still feel like ass, and have to somehow get down a couple thousand calories at some point. Fuggin A, man.

not the worst problem to have...

How perfect has this weather been in the Triad the past few mornings. I didn't want my runs to end.

It was even nice hear this morning, and I'm in south Georgia only 20 miles from the Florida line. It was probably 72 this morning, but very little humidity when it when I went out for my 5-miler this morning.

14:42.64

fuckin a

i still got like a mile to go at that point

Back