• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

RTQ - I have some thermal tights that I wear. Check out discount sites like backcountry, the clymb, etc and get some for cheap. You won't use them often, but they're invaluable when you need them.

also on those sites, if there arent thermal running tights (which there normally are) look for thermal cycling tights that DON'T have a chamois.

Thanks. I looked at the Clymb earlier today and didn't find anything. Will check others.

there's a pair of Pearl Izumi thermal cycling tights that DONT have a chamois (pad) on the clymb - or at least there was yesterday.

Went out for a run this evening in 22/feels like 6 degrees. This is one of those 2-5 times per year where I wish I had some sort of thermal running tights or something. I only have one pair of long running pants and my quads and butt always end up painfully cold and numb. I guess once I layered some capris under the long pants, but that's bulky. There are a lot of comments above about not running when it's this cold (especially in NC where it doesn't happen too often and skipping a day wouldn't derail training), but if you do run, what do you wear? It's easy to layer tops but not bottoms.

Sub Sports cold weather tights are awesome. They have a fleece-y lining.

I have a pair of PI and UA thermal tights that are awesome.

Either drawstring? My only problem with the Sub is its the right length, but is loose enough at waist that they fall while running.

I don't really want UA since they support UMD...

Either drawstring? My only problem with the Sub is its the right length, but is loose enough at waist that they fall while running.

whatever, not even an ACC team anymore. basically irrelevant.

I'm anti-tights (will wear soccer socks over running sock if needed) but if this 25-35 degree hangs around I might have to buy some. Especially since my marathon is in mid-February, and could be in 30 degree weather. Small chance of it happening, but I want to be prepared.

I'm anti-tights (will wear soccer socks over running sock if needed) but if this 25-35 degree hangs around I might have to buy some. Especially since my marathon is in mid-February, and could be in 30 degree weather. Small chance of it happening, but I want to be prepared.

NOOB.

I'm running tomorrow morning at nine. it will be 23 degrees. I'm definitely wearing tights.

NOOB.

I'm running tomorrow morning at nine. it will be 23 degrees. I'm definitely wearing tights.

Until you start running at 3 am, I don't wanna hear it. Also just got pack from my weekly lift sesh, where I mixed in some elliptical. Feels good to knock out some two-a-days.

Until you start running at 3 am, I don't wanna hear it. Also just got pack from my weekly lift sesh, where I mixed in some elliptical. Feels good to knock out some two-a-days.

At 3AM, I am drunk. And asleep. Like a human. Also elliptical, lol.

Better then a treadmill. I avoid those things like the plague.

How far you running brah? Wanna come do 18 with me on Friday afternoon.

Both. They are great. Both were gifts, so I ain't got the deets.

Hey, if any of you motherfuckers were out running this morning at 7:35 and jaywalked across East Morehead Street up by the Y and flipped me off and yelled, "FUCK YOU!" at me when I beeped my horn at you after I had to hit my brakes to avoid hitting your stupid ass, FUCK YOU TOO! You're an idiot and you're likely to lose head to head with my Chevy Suburban.

Do you not wear Nike either since they support UNC?

Back