• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The official running the table thread

If Wake goes undefeated through the next 3 you probably need to shut it down until the ACC championship. Give the backups some run.

Shut it down and potentially miss out on the CFP? You can’t do that now if we had a loss ok.

If it came down to Wake and Cincy in the CFP they would probably pair us with the other 2 schools to avoid the "chance" one of us is in the final

Wake and Cincy would almost certainly be the 3 and 4 seeds and would only meet in the National Championship game.

If we run table and make the CFP- it might be one of best college sports accomplishment period. Name a smaller school that has accomplished anything close to that playing in a P5 conference in football? Most of the great success stories of last 20 years- Utah, Boise State, TCU, UCF, etc. were teams that ran table in second tier conferences and all those schools are bigger than Wake and have less academic restrictions.

PSU is an ally (ew) now that they have 2 losses, one of them to Illinois. They have no shot. We need tOSU to boat race whoever wins the Michigan/MSU game but suffer another loss elsewhere. This is not the correct thread for this, but, while we're hoping for things, we might as well hope for the majority of conf champs to have 2+ losses. There's a universe where a 1 loss Wake team with only a close loss in Death Valley (ew), still makes it. Basically just cheer for B1G East chaos, against OU, Oregon, Cincy.

What the fucking fuck?

I really hope we go undefeated, get the country talking about us, go to the Orange Bowl, play somebody we can beat, and keep building. The worst thing that could happen to us would be to somehow qualify for the playoff and get annihilated by Bama, Ga, OSU or the like. Especially bad would be losing to Cincy who is still not nationally respected. So let's beat Michigan, or Ole Miss, or Tx A&M or Penn St. or Ok St. in the Orange bowl. If we do that Clawson has made a point to the country, the press and our conference opponents. If not we're back to LOWF.

We can't go to the Orange Bowl unless we are in the CFP. They are one of the semifinals this year.

PSU is an ally (ew) now that they have 2 losses, one of them to Illinois. They have no shot. We need tOSU to boat race whoever wins the Michigan/MSU game but suffer another loss elsewhere. This is not the correct thread for this, but, while we're hoping for things, we might as well hope for the majority of conf champs to have 2+ losses. There's a universe where a 1 loss Wake team with only a close loss in Death Valley (ew), still makes it. Basically just cheer for B1G East chaos, against OU, Oregon, Cincy.

I mean if Pitt isn't completely dead even after losing to a tied-for-last-place MAC team, then we certainly shouldn't be if we drop a close one

I mean if Pitt isn't completely dead even after losing to a tied-for-last-place MAC team, then we certainly shouldn't be if we drop a close one

LOL. That’s not the way college football works.

So the only thing they'd have going for them is their loss was earlier? I don't think it's as simple as that either

They're Pitt. They have some legacy. We're Wake.

Take it to the "are we still in with 1 loss" thread. This ain't it. This is the "where should I stay near Death Valley" thread.

Wake's offense vs Georgia's defense. Let's do it.

This is exactly the kind of irrational exuberance this thread is about. Well done. Keep it up!

This time tomorrow we will have witnessed the longest winning streak to start the season in Wake Forest football history.

Last edited:
Wake v baby blue cheaters was supposed to be top 10 v also ran. It will be. Just which team is Iin which role has been switched.

Back